CHAPTER 7.

As clear as crystals, they flow from eyes. In pain, in fear, in joy, in death, they stay with you as loyal friends. Like shower they fall, drop by drop, making the world black and white. They carry feelings, they carry emotions, they carry everything you can't speak of.

Sometimes are traitors, sometimes guests, sometimes are companions and sometimes you accept them as your fate.

Coralia is surrounded by the officials of Barnosa. She is a threat, a traitor in their eyes.

"Why do you have a weapon lady?" the official asks her. He looks deadly with scars covering his hand and his eye.

"I asked why you have a weapon." He repeats again this time loudly.

Coralia is unable to answer his question for she has no reply. She can't reveal her true identity or her purpose in any situation, as directed by Casio, or could explain her reason for having the possession of a dagger.

So she keeps quiet, though she knows what her silence can lead her to, but she still keeps quiet.

"Arrest this woman." The official shouts and two guards march forward.

They take both of her arms and drag her painfully.

While she is still comprehending the whole situation, one of the guard holding her suddenly collapses, blood flowing from his back.

Casio is standing behind her with a sword in his hand, dripping with blood. In a swift motion he kills the guard.

"Run." He commands her, a lethal look on his face and dangerous tone in his voice.

And Coralia obeys. She sprints but keeps looking behind, she sees Casio indulged in a fight with the official. He kicks him hard and also starts to run, which only makes her run faster.

'He is safe.' She assures herself quickly.

But she is too quick.

For she hears a painful scream and her heart and feet stop. In a flash she turns only to see Casio on the ground, two arrows pierced in his back. She rushes towards him.

"You leave quickly. Don't worry about me. I will come anyway. Count to ten fingers and if I don't come you ask Elvis to depart. Understand." Casio in tremendous pain, still commands her.

"No I don't. I won't leave you. I can't leave you." She whimpers.

"Don't act childishly. You don't know anything. Just do what I ask." Elvis takes her hand and speaks softly this time, trying to convince her.

He looks into her beautiful green eyes and is surprised to find them moist.

Someone is crying for him and not because of him.

Even in pain, even when the arrows are penetrating through his flesh, his heart is touched.

His heart which has only suffered pain in times of joy today is feeling joy when it should be pain.

"No. No please no." Coralia begs.

Loud voices and neighing is heard and in no time several officials have surrounded them.

"Please let us go. We are no traitors. We mean no harm." She pleads to the merciless-looking officials.

"Keep quiet woman. You both have killed are men. You are bound to die." He shouts and raises his sword with the intention to kill her.

But the sword never reaches her for there is another sword shielding her.

A man cloaked in a black shawl, his face invisible was holding the sword that was protecting her. His arms has ink marks on them and his shoulders are muscular.

"Run lady." He shouts at her in his strong accent.

Coralia provides her support to Casio and helps him to stand. His weight is too much for her fragile, weak body. But she gathers all her strength and starts to walk quickly, dragging Casio along.

The young man fights bravely, kicking and punching and killing all the officials. Not a blade or a fist touched him. He kills the last official and joins Coralia and Casio. He takes Casio's arm, sharing half of Coralia's burden and enhances their speed.

After several moments they reach their ship and board it.

"What happened?" Elvis asks them anxiously, seeing his master injured.

"We were attacked. We need to lay him down." Coralia replies her voice soft and in pain.

Elvis quickly guides them to the nearest wooden cabin. Coralia and her stranger- saviour lay Casio on the bed, his back towards them.

"I will quickly prepare the medicine for you." Coralia speaks and quickly begins to leave.

"No wait. You shall prepare the medicine for the guards first." Casio speaks while struggling with his pain.

"Casio....." Coralia starts to bargain.

"Do as I say Coralia. I have Elvis with me don't worry. You go and prepare the cure for them." Casio speaks while gesturing Elvis to help him.

"But...." Coralia starts to speak again.

"I command you. Do as I say." Casio shouts so loudly that even the wooden cabin shakes.

"Yes master." She replies and quickly takes her leave, her tears refusing to abandon her.

"Elvis help me quickly." Casio commands to his friend who seems to be in pain after seeing Coralia suffering.

Elvis hurries to provide aid to his master, he pulls out the arrows and applies some ointment and then wraps bandage on Casio's wounds.

The stranger who is now completely ignored moves around the cabin, noticing things. He touches Casio's sword, observing its sharp blade.

"We don't touch what doesn't belong to us." Elvis remarks sharply while cleaning his hands. The stranger drops the sword with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Sure." The stranger replies mockingly.

"Who are you?" Casio asks, now sitting in a proper posture.

"Your saviour, Prince of Lyra." The stranger speaks with a smirk on his face.

"Hhh how do you know?" Elvis asks the stranger accusingly, now seeing the stranger as a danger.

"Calm down boy. Don't get any ideas. I know this by looking at your sword." The stranger replies in a boring slow tone.

"Impressive. Since you know my identity you shall now reveal yours just like a proper gentleman." Casio speaks in a playful tone, enjoying the presence of this stranger.

The stranger pulls down his cloak, his handsome face now visible, and he bows down, paying his respect to the prince.

"My name is Horizon. Horizon Vroton." The stranger says.

"You are the only prince of Vroton dynasty?" Elvis questions and Horizon nods in reply.

"Wait the royals of Vroton are....." Casio speaks slowly, his eyes wide from realisation.

"And I am a summoner." Horizon completes his introduction, leaving the people present in front of him speechless.