Game Day

AU: Human World

"Ha! I beat you! Again! That's 5 times in a row. Who's the Fantasy Fighters 5 Queen now?!" Sophie yelled jumping up and down.

"Shut up." Keefe mumbled. He and Sophie had been on a Fantasy Fighters 5 competition for the week and you could easily say that Sophie, was the best. 

I'll take you back to the beginning of the story...

>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~>~~~~>

"I. WIN. AGAIN! What's that now? 7 wins in a row? I'm never going to be de-throned from the Fantasy Fighters 5 throne." Keefe gloated in Biana and Fitz's face. Sophie sat quietly in the corner reading a book called Keepers of the Lost Cities.

"Keefe, lay off. I'm trying to read a really good book but it is impossible because of your loud yelling." Sophie said glancing up.

"Your just sad because you don't know how to play and you think that you could beat me, but you can't." Keefe said smirking.

"Fine! You arrogant clown. I challenge you in a week. And if I win, You can't gloate or smirk or give any comebacks for 3 days." Sophie said evilly.

"And if I win..." Keefe added curiously "You have to throw a stink bomb at Principal Leto."

Sophie growled, "It's ON!"

>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~>

"Dex! DEX, Open Up!" Sophie yelled pounding on the door.

"Yes. What is it?" He asked impatiently as Sophie followed him up to his room. "I'm trying to finish the boss level of Fantasy Fighters 5!" He said exasperatedly.

"Good. I need to learn how to play, and learn all of your trick moves because I need to beat Keefe." She said happily.

"Oh?! How long do you have to practice?" He asked surprised. As Sophie had never been interested in video games.

"1 week." she said sheepishly.

"Well then, we begin now!" He exclaimed. He handed me the controller and began to explain all the buttons.

"The 'X' button is jump...." He said.

"I finally beat you!" Sophie cried happily, jumping up and down. She had been over at the Dizznee's house for hours, everyday, practicing all the trick moves.

"I think, You're good to go. Just come over tomorrow and I'll give you the final lesson." Dex smiled and lead her to the door. 

"Thanks for all your help" Sophie called over her shoulder as she hopped on her bike and rode off. She passed a very expensive subaru. 'That's Keefe's car.' she thought, 'What is he waiting for?' 

"Yo! Foster!" Keefe yelled through the open car window.  Sophie swerved, startled and fell of her bike.

"What?!" Sophie yelled. She began to brush herself off. Ouch! she thought. She glanced at her knees and saw that they were both cut and bleeding.

"Just wishing good luck for friday! You're going to need it!" He yelled then sped off into the fading daylight. Sophie gingerly picked herself up growling and rode the rest of the way home.

'I am going to beat that brat!' She seethed. 

>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~~>~~~>
The following day.

"Dex!" Sophie said impatiently poking his shoulder for like, the fifteenth time. "Hurry up! You promised to show me Shadowlight's signature move! You promised." Sophie sighed and began hooking up the game controllers to the T.V.

"Ok! I'm ready!" Dex exclaimed happily.

"What where you building anyway?" Sophie asked, now curious.

"Well," Dex began, his dimples showing. "from what you said the rules were I created a powerup for your character, Shadowlight. Just clip this onto your remote and i'll set the right frequency and then if you click this button here..." Dex motined with his pointer finger to the glowing red sword icon. "...you'll be able to swipe at him and this sword will stun him for a couple seconds, giving you the time to grab coins and experience!" he finished happily.

"Dex you are a mastermind! Here let's practice now."

An hour and a half later Sophie's imparter beeped.

Message from: Keefe

Tomorrow. 11:00 am. Fitz's house.

"The game is tomorrow at Fitz and Biana's house. I think I'm ready!" Sophie said excitedly.

A/N Part 2 Coming Soon!

Until Next Time ;-)