Swing Chair Pt. 2

"Who wants to roast marshmallows?" Keefe asked, setting up a table and putting out the gram crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. Arron, Shamus and Gabe were the first to the table. They grabbed their roasting roads and speared their marshmallows. Gracie and Jess ran over soon after.

"Mama? Can you do my s'more pleaseeee?" Gracie pleaded, opening her eyes wide. I chuckled softly. Grabbing the materials off the table I led Gracie to the large fire pit. Huntley waltzed over almost knocking Gracie into the fire. As Grace toddled toward the bright orange flames, my reflexes kicked in and my arm shot out yanking her away from the open flames. Sighing I glanced at Linh and Wylie, they seemed to be in a deep conversation. They used to be the kindest people in the world...what happened? I asked myself. Probably fame. I laughed quietly and checked on the marsh mallow. It was toasted light brown and a bit bubbly. 

"Just perfect!" I exclaim. I smushed the chocolate and marshmallow together, handing it to Gracie, "Careful, it's super duper sticky." I kissed her on the cheek and smiled as she ran over to Ruby and Amber and Jess. I wandered over to where Marella, Shyanne and Stina were in a meaningful conversation.

"Hey!" Stina said, "I heard you invited Marcuca?"

"Yep, last minute too. She'll ride up with Quinnle and Jensi." I said nodding.

"You're just doing this to piss off Biana." Shyanne states, crossing her arms and cocking her eyebrow.

"Maybe...but really, she did move away to England and didn't bother to keep in touch with me." I replied smirking.

Biana's POV:

It's so nice to reconnect with everyone again. Keefe has grown up and matured too. Dex is happy and has a nice family. Linh and Tam are actually famous and kind of ignoring everyone. But Sophie, she's changed. Her best friends are Marella and Stina. Like WHAT?!? She hardly acknowledge me and my brother at all. And she used to love my brother. But my mother and father decided to move to England. It was such an amazing surprise, I mean England! It's gorgeous! I look over my shoulder and sure enough, Sophie is babbling about who knows what with the weirdo's. She's probably just trying to make me jealous. Well, two can play that game. I stand up from mychair and walk around the fire to where Tam and Kelsie are talking in hushed voices. As I approach, I can hear that it is actually a quiet fight.

"Hey." I say timidly. Tam and Kelsie look up, startled.

"Huh? Oh! Hi Biana." He stands up and wraps his arms around me, squeezing me tight.  I look over his shoulder at Kelsie. Her face is slowly turning red and I swear I can hear her teeth grinding from here. Tam lets go and smiles at me. Then he re-introduces me to Kelsie. We shake hands. Her eyes stare into mine with hate. It was just one hug girl! Jeez! Keefe begins to walk this way so I wave him over,

"Keefe!" I cry, waving my hand. He has Calliope in his arms. He walks over slowly, Fitz follows closely behind. 

"Can I hold her?" I ask. "I miss holding babies. Amber and Ruby are so big now. It's just not the same." I cooed and tickled Calliope under her chin. Then I turned to Keefe, "So...What have you been doing since...well high school?" I asked, giggling slightly and batting my eyelashes flirtatiously. Yeah, I know I'm married, I'm just trying to make Sophie jealous, and I can't do that with my own husband.

"Well, you guys moved and me Sophie hung out a bit. She got a part time job at the library. So obviously I also applied. I proposed to her in her apartment. Nothing special...you saw the video at our wedding. After we got married at 23. Sophie then was promoted and now owns her own library. Gracie was born at 25 and Calli at 28. I opened my own hardware store and then we lived our lives for another 2 years and now we're here. and I'm 32 and Soph just turned 30 a couple weeks ago." Keefe replied, chuckling slightly.