This Close

AU: Human

"So where do you want to go today?" Keefe asked me wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't know...surprise me." I said smiling up at the cute blue-eyed boy with a cheekish grin he leant down and kissed me.  We walked to his car and I got in. Just then my phone beeped at an incoming text message. "It's from Fitz." I said swiping the screen to read it. Keefe's face darkened slightly but was back to normal by the time he asked,

"What does he want?"

"One sec." I held up my pointer finger in his face while I continued to read the message. "We need to get to the hospital. Edaline got hurt..." I mumbled as the realization of the fact that my foster mother was hurt. In a hospital. Edaline and Grady have been my Foster parents since my mom, dad and younger sister got killed in a car crash.  Keefe held me as I cried quietly then buckled himself up and started the car. My vision was watery and by the time we reached the hospital, i had stopped crying but my eyes were sore, puffy and red. Keefe also looked sad. He grabbed my hand as we walked into the hospital entrance. The smell of medicine and alcohol wipes filled the room around us. The plain pale blue walls all around were supporting power plugs in which many I.V. machines were attached too. People sat in the worn black leather chairs with grim expressions. I shuddered as we walked to the main desk. I read the sign above the desk.

FIRST LEVEL-- WAITING ROOM + RELAX ROOMS

SECOND LEVEL-- DOCTOR OFFICES + X-RAY ROOMS

THIRD LEVEL-- INTENSIVE CARE UNIT + EMERGENCY

FOURTH LEVEL--PATIENT ROOMS

FIFTH LEVEL-- CAFETERIA

"We're here to see Edaline Ruewen." Keefe said. I looked down at my hands. The secretary types quickly into her computer.

"Yes. Third floor. Room 37, wing D." she answered. I sucked in a breath as we stepped into the elevator and I pressed a shaky finger on the button with the number 3. We headed upward toward Edaline. 

"I'm sure she's fine Sophie." Keefe said nudging my side as the elevator doors opened. We were welcomed with more pale blue walls and beeping machines and nurses and doctors running around calling out orders. I tugged Keefe along as we came close to room 37. I twisted the rusty steel door knob and pushed open the white door with the the number 37. The worst number in the world. I gasped and ran to the bed. Edaline in it. Pale as a ghost. Her eyes were shut and her lips were blue-ish. Grady sat beside with a grim, tired expression. He stood and walked around the bed to me. I turned around and hugged him with all my might. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and onto Grady's shirt. I didn't let go. He was stable. I wasn't. Grady set me down in the chair and Keefe came over and gingerly pressed his lips to my forehead and clasped his hand in mine. I held on to it tightly. 

"W-Wh-what happ-pend?" I asked shakily clutching Keefe's hand with my life.

"Well," Grady sighed and walked over to Edaline's bed and reached and grabbed her cold frail hand in his own. " We were driving home from work and a car swerved in front of us and I couldn't brake quick enough..." He dropped her hand and covered his face. I could hear him crying.

"Y-you know it-it's not your fault right?" I asked getting up and walking over to my father. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he looked down at me. I looked up at him and saw that he looked much older and exhausted. He shook his head slightly, sighing. He opened his mouth to begin speaking again except and two nurses and a doctor came rushing into the room. The nurses ran over to Edaline and began checking her vitals and their machine's. The nurse with curly red hair and glasses turned her face falling and she nodded at the doctor.

"I'm Doctor Clint Monzo." He said sticking out his hand. When Grady didn't reach for it Keefe shook the doctors hand. 

"I'm Keefe Sencen. Grady Ruewen and Sophie Ruewen." He said nodding at us.

"Ahhh." The doctor said. "Well. We've just confirmed it and Mrs. Ruewen has fallen into a coma."

A/N

I'M STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OH MY GOSH!!! YOU GUYSSSSS! I POSTED AFTER LIKE 4 MONTHS OF NOT!!!!!

THERE WILL BE A SECOND PART AND I HOPE Y'ALL LIKE THIS ONE!! 

Until Next Time! ;-)
(And it'll actually be sometime next week! ;-))