Swing Chair

HUMAN AU

"Babe! Come on! Or we'll be late! Oh! And don't forget Calliope's car seat" I yelled as Keefe came running out of the house empty handed. We are going to my sister's cottage in Glensberry with all of our friends from Foxfire Elite Levels High School. I'm kinda holding a 20 year reunion. Amy rented it to me for this week. It's actually quite large and is basically a beach house be compared to her actual house, it's a cottage. "Gracealin, come one honey." I said with an exasperated sigh and grabbed her little hand. Gracie turned 4 last month and Calli turned 1 three months ago. "KEEFE!" I yelled one last time. He came rushing out with disheveled hair and and sloppy smile."This is why told you to put everything out by the door last evening." I said kissing him before handing him Calliope and buckling Gracie into her car seat. We haven't talked to most of these people since well almost 20 years ago. After we got our career's going and got married and had Gracie and Calli, we've been so busy. We've kept in touch with my cousin Dex and the triplets. Also Marella and Stina. We go to the same book club. But the Vacker family moved all the way to England and Tam and Linh are basically famous, well, Linh is a starring actress and Tam is the leader of a huge corporate building the last time I heard from them, which was our wedding.

"Are we all set to go?" Keefe asked. I nodded but Gracealin screamed,

"Silver!"

"Crap!" Keefe muttered softly and unbuckled himself. "We almost forgot the dog." Silveny was our shiny gray weimaraner but Grace called her Silver. Silveny is only 9 and a half months old.We got her for Gracie's birthday. Keefe put Silveny on my lap.

"Let's hit the road!" Keefe cried. I'm very glad the ride to the cottage is only 3 hours away. Calli is a cry baby and we'll have to stop for pee and change stops along the way. The good things is, is that Gracie is a very calm and smart toddler. She'll just be flipping through a picture book the whole way there.

~~~

"We're here!" Keefe singsonged happily as he opened the truck and began unloading all of the food. Gracie jumped out of the car and toddled on over to the door. She rapped her very tiny fist against the door and then sat on the wooden swing chair.I hauled Calliope out of her carseat and  into her carrier. Silveny ran behind us. Amy opened the wooden door and Gracie jumped in to her arms.

"AUNTIE AMY!" She screeched.

"Gracie! Your so big!" Amy exclaimed picking her up and carrying her into the open sitting room. Silveny bounded across the  threshold sniffing everything. "You got a puppy!" Amy shrieked and placed Gracealin on the ground. "What's its name?"

"Silver!" Gracealin replied promptly. Amy isn't around a lot so it's a big treat for Grace to see her. She's always travelling with her husband. "Guess what Gracie!?" she asked.

"WHAT?! WHAT!?!" She cried jumping up and down. Keefe laughed and began putting away the food into the refrigerator. Amy bent down and gave Gracie a wrapped box.

"It's for your birthday!" Gracie ripped opened the wrapping paper and pulled out an american girl doll.

"Thank you Auntie Amy!" Grace yelled running off with her dolly. I placed Calliope on the dining table and took her out of her carrier.

"Hi Calli, baby." Amy cooed, tickling her underneath her chin. Calliope squirmed and let out a tiny squeal of delight. "I got you a present too honey." Amy exclaimed handing her plush elephant.

"OK so everybody should be arriving tomorrow late morning. And your leaving tonight. Right?" I ask

"Yep! Me and Lorenzo are going to Spain for a month then Africa for Christmas." She explained.