Game Day Part 2

Sophie rode over to the Vacker's house ready to beat Keefe if it took her a million years! She was tired of his non-stop gloating.  Sophie arrived first and was escorted to the designated game room. She pulled out her special remote from Dex and began hooking it up.

"Oh! So Foster's so so good she brings her own remote now eh?" Keefe smirked who had already set up his remote.  

"You'll regret saying that Sencen!" Sophie bristled.

"Okay! Everyone! Gather along the side seats to watch Sophie and Keefe battle for a win of Fantasy Fighter 5!" Yelled Biana to Fitz, Dex, Marella, Tam and Linh. "I shall now inspectthe remotes and our contestent for any cheat codes then we shall begin." She cried.

"Biana! This isn't a game show." Dex said exhaling a laugh that he almost let out as Biana shot hima  glare. Biana checked Sophie and Keefe for any hidden cheat codes then bent down to inspect their remotes. 

"Soph. What's this red sword here, on the corner?" She asked.

"Well, Dex and I made an extra power for my character. It isn't against the rules!" She defended as Keefe stepped forward ready to say something.

"You're right...I suppose that alright. I now pronounce the game to BEGIN!" She yelled and jumped back as Keefe and Sophie jumped to the couch gadgets in hand. They both picked their players and the game begun.

'First to pass the boss and reach the end of the cave shall be granted the power of the Stars' Exclaimed the voice of Light.

Sophie ran past the start line and into the dark cave. Keefe was already passing through and was collecting the experience and coins before entering the Baron's Den to fight.

"Oh no you don't." She whispered slightly. Shadowlight ran up behind Keefe's character, Jarculos and hit him with her red sword. Jarculos forze. Sophie let out a quick sigh and conducted her character out to grab the remaining coins and headed into the den.

"What did you do!?" Keefe roared hitting his 'O' button hard.

"Oh that? That is a sign saying I'm going to win and you're finally going to lose!" Sophie cried boastfully. When Jacrulos finally un-froze, Shadowlight was halfway through the Baron's health bar.

Keefe growled softly and fought against the Baron.

"YES!" Sophie shrieked wildly. Shadowlight had defeated the Baron. She sprinted through the cae collecting coins and extra hearts. It was only going to get harder from here. Jarulos caught up with Shadowlight halfway through the third task. It seemed that Tam, Fitz and Dex were on Sophie's side and Linh and Marella were on Keefe's. Biana as being the judge wasn't allowed to pick sides. Shadowlight used her sword of stunning just before they entered the boss level.

Boss level. Defeat Baro McHawi for the gift of the Stars.

Sophie was focused fully on the screen. Her hands moved almost by themselves. She had trained for this. She was going to win. Shadowlight dove between the Baro McHawi and slide up his back stabbing a sharp dagger in his neck, just fitting through his armour.  Jarculos was fitting very skillfully, though his health was wavering. Three more swipes and he would win but two more swipes from the Baro McHawi and he was dead. Shadowlight was doing extremely well in health and was swiftly dodging each strike from the Baro McHawi.

3...2...1! The animated voice counted down. Shadowlight slide her dagger down the Baro McHawi throat and he fell to the ground. Jarculos fell down with a vibrating THUD!

Keefe POV:

Sophie won!

"I WON! I'M THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!" Sophie screamed breathlessly. She dropped her remote and hugged everyone. 

"Okay! People! Calm DOWN!" yelled Biana. "Thank you. Players, shake hands."

Sophie stepped up and held out her hand. I grudgingly took it and mumbled,

"Good Game Foster."

"It was." She agreed. She stepped closer and wrapped her arms around him. She stood on her tippy toes and whispered into my ear,

"Thanks for letting me win" her breath tickled my ear. 

"How--" I began.

"I'm a telepath." she said tapping her head. I smiled slightly and stepped back brushing my lips against her cheek ever so slightly. Fitz was glaring over her shoulder at me. Sophie glanced at me quickly, blushing before brushing her hand with mine before leaving to celebrate with Biana, Linh and Marella. Just before she left the room she turned to look me in the eye and transmitted,

'Remember no smirking, comebacks or gloating for three days.' before winking and laughing at something Marella had said.

A/N I thought that was pretty adorable! 

Until Next time! ;-)