Ritual

The next morning knowing our nerves would not allow us to eat heartily, my mother and Cary prepared a small breakfast for us. The only ones present were Beta, Robert, Ben, Thom, and our parents. In preparation for the ritual ahead. Belie, Joaqina, Carmen, Alina & Tito Went directly to the training grounds to prepare for the ceremony. Having finished eating, Thom excuses himself Ben joining him, so as to greet Alex and Mason when they arrive. Then he will take them to the grounds leaving us with those family present.

Beta stands with Robert joined by Cary and my parents. resting her hand on Alejandro she reassures him "We are going to help see you soon Papi. Soon ALL will be as it was meant to be." Alejandro smiles nervously to her "Thanks, Toti."

Looking to Crim he returns me gaze "Ready?"

"Yes mate." His voice again reassuring me. Sable also speaks to me "Ale?"

"yes, Sabe."

"He WILL AWAKEN." The power from his words fortifying me. If there is anyone in my life I trust more than my mate. It is SABLE. "I know Sabe. HE PROMISED." We head out.

Approaching the grounds. I see Alex and Mason alongside Thom and Ben. He waves at me and I wave back. My gaze falls to Crimson "Ready?"

Hearing his wulf spoken tone I turn my head upwards to my mate "I would accompany you into the firey pits of hell itself if you went there." He huffs.

"Drama much?" Asking him in jest. But it does reassure me, his devotion.

Arriving to the awaiting guests I lightly move my tail as Alejandro shakes their hands warmly. Ben looks at me and his father, his spoken tone strength immeasurable "Dad is coming home." we five look at him, Alejandro smiles nodding in agreement "He has an awesome reason to baby bear. Us" hugging Ben.

Together we enter the grounds. upon entering, we see our family sitting on the bleachers. The family will NEVER be alone. Walking to the center with Alex we continue. At Thom's request and out of concern, Mason stayed outside setting up barriers spells with Bella. and we begin.

Once at the center, Cary instructs Alex as Alejandro kneels in front of me. "Alex, you clear you remind and emotions of everything. center your thoughts. Touch Alpha behind his shoulder blades and at the base of his tail. closing your eyes call to Ruben. push beyond the veil of life and death. summon his soul."

Joaquin approaches and kneels beside Alex encouraging him. " I will not be able to see or feel what you feel. I will only serve as your anchor little necromancer. But I trust Devorjak, she sent the best. I reassure your safety and will walk with you in the astral realm. Fear not."

The power of tone within the old she-wulf, I am reassured and having turned my head to her respond "I know, Devorjak spoke highly of you ma'am. she told me I can trust you. and I will."

Joaqina smiles at me "good. let's begin."

Everyone else heads to the bleachers and we begin. Clearing my mind of everything else, I focus. slowly, the sound around me fades. A heaviness begins weighing down on me cold darkness seeps into me and in an instant, I am not longer in the training grounds. Blackness. Blackness all around me and I am lost for a moment. Terror and panic begin breaking thru my concentration. Then a light penetrates the darkness calming me. Turning looking towards it, it takes form. A wulf form. she is beautifully elegant. Her pelt is beige colored. the aura around her radiates powerfully and warm. Her eye ghost white for a moment I am in awe at her but unsure. then she speaks "Hello Alex" and that voice. I know her.... Joaqina.

"I am here. Are you ready necromancer?" the darkness fades and I see where we are. Still in the training grounds only now, I see Alejandro, Alpha, Me and Joaqina. We are hovering above our bodies. I can see a red ethereal line connecting me and Alpha. Only once does my head turn to Joaqina before returning back to Alpha "Go Alex. From your gaze to me, I sense you know what must be done." I DO. I don't know how I know but I do.

Looking back I can now see a mythical doorway opening behind Alphas shoulders. Focusing I reach for it. Touching it, instantly I am transported to its threshold. But cannot pass. There is a force, a red mythical barrier covering the door like a thin film or sheet. Beyond it, I see Alpha Ruben. naked, asleep. his head facing towards me. The look on his face, sadness. slowly coming down a tear. A powerful emotion radiating thru the door, despair, failure, no will to carry on.

I too am starting to feel this way. I have to hurry and get outta here, this feeling is overwhelming. Why did I do this? I am not skilled enough for this I can't do this. I can't reach him. the barrier is blocking me. Then Peace. A warmth comes over me from my right. I am scared but this energy wraps around me, protecting me. I turn my head to its source, Joaqina.

Her wulf form grew huge, her life force is radiating strength to me "Don't be afraid You can do this little necromancer. Speak to him." Looking back to Ruben I think of Crimsons words. The immeasurable power of his love for Luna. I have to try "RUBEN.....RUBEN it's me Alex Thom's friend." he does not stir "I am here to bring you home Alpha. Ruben come on listen to me wake up. Wake up. Luna needs you." He does not stir.

"GOD DAMN IT RUBEN LISTEN TO ME!!" a light, a force shoots out of me. A mystic light so strong it penetrates thru the doorway barrier and races to him entering thru his forehead. "UGH." He moved!! his hand opens and the palm turn face down. His eyes blink... YES! "ALPHA!!! ALPHA !! THAT'S IT!! COME ON ALPHA WAKE UP!! COME ON!! YOU CAN DO IT!!" He moves. his legs stretching out in front of him. He lays face down with a groan "ugh."

" COME ON ALPHA WAKE UP THATS IT PLSS. LUNA NEEDS YOU HE'S WAITING FOR YOU.. WE ALL ARE."

"A....LE...JANDRO?....."

"YES!! YES !! HE IS WAITING FOR YOU."

"Alejandro... I could not reach him. I failed him. He is gone."

"NO!!! NO ALPHA DONT GIVE UP PLS!! WE ARE ALL HERE WAITING FOR .... HE IS WAITING FOR YOU.!"

"no. I failed him. go away. Leave me alone." the barrier begins turning crimson red, darkening. making it harder to see Alpha. "NOOOOOO!! ALPHA NOOO DONT GIVE UP!!"

Suddenly I am being pushed away. a force is rejecting me. "NOOOOO ALPHA NOOO!!!" angry tears come to my eyes. Joaqina is trying hard to keep me safe but I can see the darkness coming closer. I have to leave. I can't reach.... "noo alpha ..... he is alive." my voice pleading "Believe me... plss."

But it is too late. turning his head away from me Alpha Ruben lays back down. Not moving. Sensing something from my sagging stand to kneel now, Joaqina howls. Her muzzle comes and rests on my shoulder. Her final words rock me to my core "He is afraid little necromancer. Only another life force, equal to his can awaken him. There is nothing we can do" As if sensing what happened, she opens her jaws gently grasping the back neckline of my shirt. she pulls my astral form back.

Blinking my eyes we are back. Dreading what I have to do I lean back on my knees whispering "no."

Luna looks at me, a blend of anxiety and fear in his gaze on me. Meeting his gaze my heart lurching inside me by what I am about to tell him, I meet his. No words need to be said. He understood as his eyes fall away to Alpha Crimson. "I am sorry Luna. I am so sorry"

In a second the grounds doors lurch open and Mason races in, coming to my side. in his embrace, I cry saying what happened "He thinks Luna is gone. He won't come back, Mason. HEE won't WAKE UUUPP!!"

tears welling in my eyes at the pain. Mason wraps me in his arms as Thom comes to us. "Its ok baby. you tried. You tried your best. Come on lets go."

Luna, looking at Crimson speaks to me. His voice dead, in torment anew. "Thank you alex. thank you so much for trying. Thom please take him and Mason to the mansion. Make sure he rests and eats."

"Yes, Luna." Slowly I walk them out.