Come Back Reuben

The hope in my brothers' eyes freezes hearing the words from Alex. The ritual failed. Crimson howls his pain. Luna stands stone, unmoving his biggest hope dashed, the burning motivation he held has turned into despair once more. The light of life once burning determination in his eyes slowly fades again. Before complete despair takes over them both. however, my aunt, Joaquina speaks with an unearthly voice "his heart sleeps. Only the heart of his MATE can awaken him." Joaquina stumbles back weakened by the small fraction of power the Goddess used to deliver her message. Luna stops his emotional shutdown, and the light immediately, instantly returns to his eyes. Hearing those words, Luna finally understood. We all watch Crimson lick Luna's face once. A small whine escapes him in his action. Alejandro Reaches and embraces Crimson around the neck in his arms shutting his eyes. His voice wracked with controlled pain as he speaks.

"I know what it is crim." I pull back and we touch foreheads whispering to my beloved mate's wulf"Crim it's US. He can't hear US. I must call him Crim. His heart Crim, he made a promise from his heart. I know what to do crim. I know how to reach him." Crimson licks my face once, his tail wagging. His Wulf Speak is so baritone powerful yet gentle and emotional, so full of love for me.

His eyes illuminate softly with his response "you always did my mate. You needed to remember" and lays down now as I Indian kneel, placing his head in my kneeled lap. I reach down and kiss his forehead, lean back upright releasing the very first words. Crimson lifts his head, meeting my gaze, locking his sight on me.

Listening deeply to the strong emotions coming forth in my voice "Now you listen RUBEN ACOSTA. You told me when we first met you would never leave me. You told me you would die now without me and I told you these words "stop thinking like that because without you now. I would die too" do you remember Ruben? Because I am dying now without you remember. Our son in agony without you. Our family is in agony without you. Come back Kojak Come home........ I want to see your smiling face. I want to feel your touch and know the peace only you give me. I want to hold you again Ruben. I want to know what it feels like to be loved by you. I want you back Ruben. I want you back Kojak........because without you I will leave this earth to be there with you. Because without you. I am dying. Every day just a little more without you... and I will die. You broke your promise, Ruben. You abandoned me." Crimson immediately snaps his head up. Locking his gaze with mine and together, we feel him. a force awakens within crimson. Ruben. is. coming. home.

He did it. I know. Alejandro reminded him of their promise. I too remember their words. And now, I feel Ruben stirring deep within me. He too heard Alejandro. Heard OUR MATE. I stare into Alejandro but the sight by which I see thru is no longer my own. Nor is the guttural wulf speak he hears now from me "Nnn...OOO..." I whine knowing finally, he heard Alejandro. He heard My mate. I reach over and lick his face once. Saying "NOW... now he knows how special you truly are...... to US mate. I love you, Alejandro"

I hear him, Crimson's eyes illuminate glowing with determination, intense, bright, will power growing. An unstoppable will to come home. Ethereal energy exudes from them popping. Not to protect, but with a deep love reflecting how much I mean to him. A yellow mist, Thicker than ever pours off Crimson encircling Crimson in its center. As the mist becomes thicker, Crimson looks "HE believes mate. NOW he is no longer afraid to come back ... He knows how special you truly are...... to US BOTH, I love you Alejandro" are his last words.

I meet his gaze with stinging eyes, his words are so intense with emotion as if the one were two and respond just as powerful "I love you too....mate" then fades, engulfed by the mist. The mist clears now an in the center of the clearing mist laying there naked, as it retreats, clearing everyone sees him. His head appearing in Alejandro's lap. Eyes looking up into their Luna's. Ruben. A weak smile across his face, tears fall slowly backward from his eyes......Ruben.

My brother-in-law is home.

I watch trembling hands unison with a head bowing downwards. Now bend in towards his mate. His own tears fall on Rubens' face, finally releasing the weight of his burden leaving him unable to speak. Finally, my brother holds back no more. Relief showing in his own tears as his for a moment. We all watch Alejandro straighten back up. Softly his hand caresses Alpha's face, keeping Ruben's head in his lap. The radiating force from in his heart has once more... Become whole.

My gaze remains lost in the most beautiful silver glowing eyes I will ever see and I crack a smile. Alejandro looks down into me. The reason I have for breathing also cracks a smile. Upwards I extend one hand to touch the face of my heart "Hi". Blubbering Alejandro huffs a laugh unable to talk because of the huge aching lump in his throat "hi" With his left hand connecting with Alejandro's tearing face, Ruben uses his thumb and gently wipe tears away, keeping his own smile "why are you crying?"

Alejandro laughs, his heart is whole once more. He sniffles "why are you?" Rubens' voice is weak, his own tears falling backward to his ears as he gazes to his mates. He forces himself to speak, mustering his strength again, softly he says "Because I heard you, Alejandro. And I am sorry, thank you for reminding me why I love you so very much." Alejandro's smile never leaves his face. He smiles for his life, for the treasure resting on his kneeling lap. It is for his mate. As he looks into Rubens' eyes "Anytime Kojak". For the first time since the meeting, Alpha & Luna both mutually sob in each other embrace.

Equally happy to be with what means most to them. Each other.

My son's gaze does not deviate, his smile never leaves his face. He smiles for his life, for the treasure resting on his kneeling lap. It is for his mate. As he looks into Rubens eyes barely able to say anything. we hear only "Anytime Kojak". For the first time since the meeting, Alpha & Luna both mutually sob in each other embrace. Equally happy to be with what means most to them. Each other.

Beta & Robert, Kodiak & Thom, Cary, Carmen, Alina & Tito, Don Yonel & Mima all sigh with relief. The Alpha of the CELESTIAL GUARDIAN MOUNTAIN PACK Has returned. Leader, Mate, Father, Son, Son-in-Law, brother, & friend, is once more where he is most loved....home.

The sound of eager footfalls make their way towards them, but I intervene stopping them. My Beta voice firm yet gentle "No. we can see him soon enough. Let's leave them Alone." pack eyes turn then back at their Alpha with his Luna understanding my motive "Yes Beta," says Mima. They understood. As they leave, I am the last to walk out. Making sure the others including my mate exit first. 

Arriving at the doorway I stop looking back to both my brother- and brother-in-law. One more time, a lump in my throat develops. Yet I whisper quietly, "Welcome home my brother". Ruben, covered within Alejandro's renewed embrace. Wulf speaks a reply "Thank you Brother" causing the lump in my throat to grow. For me, this is one of those rare moments I am grateful to have wulf Speak. I could not talk at that moment.

Sighing with a smile I add back a tender Wulf Speak "wasn't talking to you. You, Dick" Ruben's wulf speak is tender "Liar". Randall hears Rubens last words "I love you too my ......brother". Knowing he will hold them in his heart always. Slowly I step away, continuing to pull the celestial training doors shut behind me till I hear the lock click and set in place signifying they are closed. The lump slowly fades from my throat, looking down to the ground for a moment, realizing how much I have come to really loves my brother-in-law. Finding my voice. It reflects the inner peace he now allows to enter his heart knowing everyone is back home, where they belong as he says "I love you to....... Ruben."

I am glad. My brother is whole. My alpha is home. For a moment I am pissed again but now is not the time. That can wait. Right now, my family is back healing Now is THAT TIME.

As I walk away from training grounds, heading towards the packhouse. I pass the big thick maple tree just past the grounds and I stop. I don't have to look or turn to my left to know he is waiting there. I don't have to. He will never be far from them, and it is at this moment a nasty thought comes to my mind "he will need you soon to help him to the Packhouse. Do me a favor Pls" My face now shows a mischievous smile across it "carry him in bridal style. Then tell him I did it. Thank you ............. Ben." I continue again without another word but hear his response "Yes...Uncle Randall." I smile as a thought comes to my mind "now whereee did I put THAT CAMERA!!