1 ; bet on love

Love is a strange thing. You can't see it, you don't know if its there early on, but you can feel it. So they say. I've never felt it. Maybe I thought I did. Maybe I thought that this was my happily ever after. I was wrong.

     You know, you think your boyfriend taking you out to a bar for your one year anniversary was a good idea. It fucking wasn't. I probably should've said no from the start. The second we stepped into the bar the crowd was overwhelming. The music was fine, I was used to blaring music out of a speaker, so it didn't bother me that much.

     Upon entering I quickly lost my boyfriend, Dakota in the crowd. It wasn't until I unintentionally bumped into him where I found him again.

     "I'm gonna go get us some drinks!" he yelled over the music. I was able to make it out and muttered an 'Okay' in response. And just like that he was gone again. I sighed and tried to find my way to the bar. I kept having to shift between people. Normally it wasn't like this, I've never seen it this full or this loud. It was probably because of the convention being near here. Pretty sure today was the last day.

     I've always wanted to go to PAX and I thought this year would finally be the year where I'd get to go. Once again life proved me wrong as my boyfriend decided that I shouldn't go out and that it was a waste of money. My money. So I guess I'd just have to wait for the next PAX to roll around, but this is one that meant the most to me. 

     From the way I'm putting it, I'm making it sound like Dakota is kind of an asshole. He isn't really...most of the time. He's  a decent guy, and seemed to get the thumbs up from my parents. They insisted that he was 'the one' for me, but I doubt that highly. We don't seem to get along that well anymore, it's always his opinion first, and I obey what he says, much to my distaste.

     He wasn't abusive or anything. We've only had a few arguments here and there, but lately he's seemed to lose interest in our relationship. It wasn't like when we first met. He gave me a rose the first day of freshman year of college and around the second semester is where we started dating. 

     We used to be close, too. He was my best friend, we understood each other perfectly. I'm not sure what happened. I sighed to myself as I took seat at the bar table. It wasn't as crowded there compared to the rest of it. I scanned the room for Dakota once, nothing. Twice, nothing again. I groaned to myself as I got off the chair and went to look around for him.

      I looked around the room more and swiveled my way through the crowds of people in the area. The darkness didn't help much either. The flashing lights made it hard to distinct one person from another. Which is stupid really, you'd think after dating him for a year I'd be able to tell him from anyone else. 

     I eventually found myself at the corner of the bar where the booths were. I attempted on asking someone to help me find him. Apparently I didn't need to as I found myself in a situation I never thought I'd have to face. My heart sank and the world around me seemed to slow down immensely.

      I had found Dakota. Except he was making out with another girl. 

      I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Yell at him, cry, grieve, or beat the hell out of him. Instead I stormed off into the bathroom and locked myself in a stall and cried until I didn't have the tears to cry anymore. I cursed at him in my head, that deadbeat motherfucking piece of shit.

     I dried my tears and found the courage to get out of the stall and yell at him. I let out a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom to face him. Looking down at the floor, thinking at the right thing to say, I accidentally bumped into someone. I fumbled around and apologized.