18; disappearance

There was an undeniable tension in the room. Jaren kept his protective grip on me, making sure neither me or Dakota did anything stupid. The simple sight of seeing him again disgusted me.

       "How the hell did you find out where I live?" I hissed.

       He simply chuckled, "You're pretty easy to find. Followed you for the past couple of weeks. Lost you for a couple of days though, but I knew enough about where you lived." He replied.

       This crazy asshole followed me? How the hell didn't I notice?

      He directed his attention towards Jaren, who hadn't said anything but knew how serious the situation was. Dakota scoffed lightly. "You're still with this asshole? Figured you'd use him as a one night stand and get rid of him pretty quickly."

      Hearing him say that wanted to make me snap his neck in half right then and there, "shut the fuck up. I'm not like you. You don't have a single fucking right to meddle in my life anymore. Now do me a favor and throw yourself out."

      He looked angered for a split second but immediately calmed himself down. He walked towards me, "Baby, (Y/N), you can't possibly love this guy more than me, can you?" Dakota pleaded, it made me pity him for how miserable he'd made himself.

      I looked at him, unphased about anything he had said. "One thing's for sure, Dakota. He loves me more than you ever did. And you can't fight all of us. So get out before this gets more serious than it needs to be." I simply stated.

      His angered face returned and this time stayed put. "So be it." He turned towards the door, "but I'll be back, (Y/N). And rest assured, pretty boy here isn't gonna be able to help you." He stated coldly, before opening the door and slamming it as he exited.

      I let out a breath of relief. Jaren took note of that along with Raven. He traced a light circle with his fingers on my arm to calm me down.

      "You doing okay?" He asked calmly, a tint of worry in his tone.

      I nodded quietly, "yeah, I'm okay. Just a little tense is all."

       Raven came over and gave me a reassuring hug, her girlfriend Avery looking just as shaken as everyone else.

      "I'm sorry you had to go through that, (Y/N). When he knocked on the door I thought it was you guys and once I opened it he wouldn't let me close it." She frowned.

       "Hey, it's okay. I didn't fully expect this either but I'm okay." I smiled softly, "Though I think Avery could use a little more reassurance." I say, looking at her from across the room.

        Raven understood and went over to comfort her. I, on the other hand, slipped into my room and collapsed onto the bed and let out a soft groan. I remained there for a good while until there was a quiet knock at the door.

       Jaren stood at the doorway, I smiled softly and ushered him to come in. He sat next to the bed and put his arm around me to comfort me, knowing I was a little unsettled about the matter.

     I leaned my head on his chest gently, the sound of his heartbeat made me feel better, but the idea of my ex boyfriend following me around without me noticing made me afraid. Afraid that something much worse could have happened and I wouldn't even know it. I enjoyed my time alone but now it made me feel as if I wasn't really ever alone.

      My thoughts were interrupted by Jaren holding my hand. "Are you sure you're okay?"

     "I'm fine, why?" I lied.