20; reunited

We arrived at the police station in about twenty minutes, but the drive to downtown made me anxious and impatient. I just really wanted to see Raven again. Once we had found a place to park we entered the building. I wasn't gonna lie, I was intimidated as fuck. I always got that way towards people with this sort of position. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't say or do anything wrong.

       After a bit of help and reassurance from Jaren, we were soon lead to the room that Raven was in. At the moment they had brought her in for questioning again and it was already pretty late. As time went on it was clear that she knew practically nothing about where she had gone. Just the fact that she was thankful that she was now safe.

       Eventually, they finally let her out of the room, to which she let a tired sigh. It was clear that she was exhausted. Light bruises and scars were intricately placed along her skin, two specifically large scabs on her knees, most likely from running and falling onto the ground.

       She finally caught sight of the both of us and instantly mustered enough energy to run up to me and engulf me in a tight hug, which she didn't let go of for quite a while.

        "Thank god you're okay," I whisper into her ear, returning her hug in an equal amount of affection.

        She continued to remain quiet, a quiet sob escaping her lips. It didn't really appear to me just how terrified she really was. It was more than she had let on. Much more.

       "Please don't let go, (Y/N)." she whimpered, her voice shaky and timid.

       I shot a glance towards Jaren, and he got the message to give us some time alone.

       Once I was able to calm Raven down a little, we sat down on the chairs placed in the corner of the room. She took a seat and fidgeted with her fingers for a bit.

       "I understand if you don't wanna talk about it, but, are you okay? Like, really?" I asked gently.

       "No." she responded a bit sternly, which took me by surprise for a bit. She lifted her head and sniffled, her eyes a light puffy red. "You need to know this." her voice broke momentarily as she said this.

       "Know what?"

       "That Dakota is going insane and you need to get the hell out of here before he does some other stupid shit. This little 'stunt' he pulled with me? It's not even close to what he's gonna do if he gets his hands on you."

       "What?" I reply, it was the only thing I really knew how to say because I wasn't sure how to react to what she was telling me.

       "You're in danger, (Y/N). The only reason I'm here is because he wanted me to tell you this." she stifled out. "You need to pack everything you have and move somewhere else. Maybe with Jaren, you'll be okay there. Just please...get as far away from here as you can."

        Her tone began to deeply worry me, "What about you, though?"

        "I'll be fine, Avery has a place in the states that I can stay in for a bit with her. And I know that I didn't sound all too concerned on the phone, I just didn't want to worry you anymore than you already were." she frowned.

         I kept quiet for a bit. I knew Dakota had a couple screws loose at this point, but I never figured that he would go this far.

       "I already told the police about his details and they're on a lookout for him. So that should reduce the threat a bit for right now. Just promise me you'll go somewhere safe?" she pleaded.

       I nodded, "Of course. So long as you promise the same thing for me."

       Raven grinned a little, "Promise."

       She stood up and hugged me once again, and the both of us walked out into the main room where Jaren was waiting. Raven cleared her throat and looked at him, muttering a quiet "we need to talk."

       He looked at me with a hint of worry and I reassured him to listen to what she had to say once we had reached the apartment.

-

       Raven explained everything she had told me to Jaren, and he had been, to say the least, very concerned. She told him what needed to be done and he agreed to it immediately.

       "I fucking knew that guy was an asshole, I'm gonna beat the shit out of him if I see him again." he threatened. I placed my hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

       "Hey, take it easy, please? We're all safe now and that's what's most important." I say quietly.

       "Fuck that," Raven exclaimed, "if you see that bitch I want you to beat that fucker up. Fuck him for threatening my best friend and my girlfriend. Or so help me I'll do it my goddamn self."

       I chuckled lightly at her enthusiasm - if you could call it that.

       "But in all seriousness, you need to start getting your shit together in a suitcase and go. Cause Dakota is aggravated and who knows when he'll show up here out of nowhere."

        "Of course." I say, each of us getting up to go pack. Raven getting her things, and Jaren helping me get my own.

       Once everything had been situated properly in whatever we could fit into the suitcase - or as Raven likes to call it, "shove everything into a bag and hope for the best" - we loaded it up into our separate cars and were prepared to say our goodbyes to one another.

        Raven's teary state returned, but this time it was because of affection. She took me into another long hug, to which I gladly accepted. "Please stay safe, (Y/N)," she murmured worriedly.

        "I made you a promise, chickadee, I'm not gonna let my psycho ex boyfriend get in the way of me and my best friend's safety." I muttered in response.

        She smiles and pulled away before directing her attention to Jaren. "I know half of our interactions have been mostly bullshit, but, please keep her safe. I know you love her just as much as I do and you'd do anything to keep her safe, so please. I'm entrusting her to you."

        Jaren smiled at her softly, hugging her as well and then pulling away. "Don't worry, she's safe with me. If anyone comes near my girl I'm gonna kick their ass." he chuckles.

         Raven smiled, "good, cause if you don't and I hear a single complaint about you, I'm gonna kick yours." she said seriously.

       Jaren gave her a firm nod. And with that, we each said our goodbyes, Raven continuously reassuring me that she packed snacks on the trip in case we got hungry and that she'd call once she had arrived in Boston with Avery. And so, we each set off, hoping to put as many miles in between us and the psycho who was probably gonna kidnap me next.

hi so guess who finally decided to update haha its me. sorry i left yall but things got HECTIC. me and my family are currently moving and im living a fuckin RV/travel trailer with my parents and my six year old sister aNd uni starts in a month and half and i just registered for classes and shdjskfhjsd holy fuck its a lot to take in

that being said, i lowkey forgot about this whole thing in general. which was good, kinda, cause it gave me some time to take a break and get more ideas for writing uwu

so yeet

i love u guys and thank u so much for leaving comments bc they're my favourite thing to read <3

stay frosty

xoxo

-liza