25; its hard to say goodbye

jaren paced around the room as raven watched him anxiously. we had let dakota know of the terms, and reluctantly, he accepted. a few days had passed and today he had agreed that i would go back with him to boston. raven would be coming back too, to check up on avery and to periodically check in on me to make sure everything would be okay.

it was unsure when everything would go back to normal. but truthfully, as every day passed i started wondering if it ever would. i hastened a sigh as i watched the landscape change as it blurred by. slowly, the trees that flew past us on the highway changed into more modern buildings and cityscapes. as we drew closer, a pit in my stomach continued to dig deeper and more painful.

i started to regret ever making this decision. why didn't i just stay?

because your family was at risk. of course. despite being afraid for my own life i wasn't about to let the people i loved the most get hurt. no, this was something i had to do. besides, maybe jaren would be better off without me in the picture.

it absolutely aches to see him like this, hurt by the person that i was responsible to bringing into his life. he didn't deserve this. he didn't deserve to have me come into his life and absolutely ruin it for him. he had a good thing going for him and there i came, and barged into his life and took it away.

maybe i was overthinking it. maybe all of it would end up being okay. i wouldn't know. suddenly my thoughts disappeared as the car pulled to a stop in the parking garage for the apartment complex.

     the complex looked a lot more like a cheap motel that was pretty much unoccupied aside for probably drug dealers and/or alcoholics. what a wonderful place. truthfully i had no idea of dakota's financial state. as far as i knew he was still in senior year of college, meanwhile i had graduated a year early after taking extra classes my freshman and sophomore year.

       raven gave a long and heavy sigh as she rested her head on the steering wheel. the darkness from the garage prevented me from seeing her face, but i knew she was crying. she inhaled shakily and looked up at me finally.

       "please, please, be careful, (y/n)" she pleaded quietly.

       i smiled sadly and hugged her, my eyes burned slightly as the impulse to cry grew by the second. raven seemingly refused to let go and pull away, but she knew she had to eventually. after lingering for a moment she finally retracted herself and sniffled.

"do good things, (y/n). its hard saying goodbye but...maybe for now its just see you later." raven sighed.

i nodded and exited the car, looking across the dim lit garage. i lugged my bags out of the trunk and placed them onto the ground. i eyed the elevator and inhaled hastily. raven stared at me anxiously as i made my way towards the doors.

       as i paced along, my heartbeat quickened, each step becoming heavier and heavier until it finally stopped at the doors. there was no going back, was there?

HI IM ALIVE I FORGOT THIS EXISTED LIKE LEGITIMATELY IM SO SORRY A A A A

ok imma be real with yall, university has been SO MUCH FUNNN

the people are just,, yes

but bc of assignments and socialization i haven't had time and im just skdjskfjakfjskdj

yikes

but im back and will try to update and if i don't just yell at me on twitter and ig and i'll get back to it lmaoo

thanks for reading

xoxo

love u

liza