9; truth or dare

The night over at Jaren's was...interesting. Raven insisted that she take the couch while I took the guest bedroom, eventually it ended in a battle of rock, paper, scissors where I won, claiming that Raven rigged it, then ending up in a ten minute argument on how you can't rig rock paper scissors.

      Most of the day was spent preparing for the get together later that day. Jaren was able to get most of the stuff set up, though there wasn't much that needed to be done. A majority of the food was gonna be catered and it was a simple get together that was 100% going to involve weed and alcohol. A mixture that never ends well, but makes for some funny as hell moments with your friends making fucking idiots out of themselves.

     Raven conveniently took care of the alcohol, whilst the rest of us were basically doing nothing. After everything was taken care of all that was left was the waiting process and probably the only moments of peace and quiet before the boys showed up. 

     Raven thought it'd be funny if we hid the alcohol from Mason after hearing so much about him, and the three of us agreed. After that was finished we were met with a quick and quite repetitive knock on the door.

     They were here.

---

     The boys slowly piled into the house, each of them greeting each other from not having seen each other in quite a while. I, stayed hidden in the kitchen for the time being, while Raven played with Octavia outside. There was music playing from the living room, and some went outside, while I stayed in a tiny corner of the house, attempting not to socialize. But of course it didn't last long when one of the boys went into the kitchen looking for the alcohol we hid.

      It was Swagger, which was easy to tell because of his height. But I guess the helmet was a dead giveaway too. He was followed by Mason and I watched them both scour the kitchen for the alcohol. 

     "If you're looking for the liquor we hid it somewhere around the house." I said, taking a sip from the soda that I had opened a few minutes before.

     "Oh, thanks" Swagger replied, soon realizing I was there. "Wait, you're here?"

     "Pretty sure. Though the existential crisis I'm currently having in life tells me otherwise. Are we really ever 'here' or are we all living in a simulation of life to a point where every other person we interact with is just an NPC." I replied.

      The two looked at me, Swagger slowly pulling the soda away from my reach. "You've had enough of that."

     I let out a soft chuckle. "If you want I can show you where my friend hid the alcohol."

     "Friend?" Mason chimed, "Is it a girl? Is she cute?"

     Raven opened up the door that led to the yard out back and entered the kitchen, "Well I'm cute, but I'm also a lesbian. Try again." She retorted playfully, grabbing one of the bottles of corona that was on top of the fridge, Octavia following behind her.

     "Sorry, Mason. You'll get 'em next time." Swagger laughed. Mason pouted and they returned back into the living room. 

     Feeling slightly more confident, I decided to join them where the rest of them were. I recognized most of the people that were in the room, Raven was currently whispering amongst Cameron and John, quietly murmuring something that I wasn't able to hear over the music playing in the background. 

     I was quickly grabbed by Jaren all of a sudden, and I jumped in surprise. 

     "Sorry," he quietly muttered.

     "It's okay," I smiled softly.

     "I wanted to introduce you to my friend Craig and Toby. This is (Y/N)." he said, I smiled and greeted the both of them.

     "Hello there." I said, both of them clearly chipper and used to the whole scenario.

     "So, you're the girl Smitty won't shut up about, huh? I can see why." Toby chuckled, I blushed lightly, and noticed Jaren was turning a light shade of red as well.

     Craig noticed and smiled in response, but decided not to bring it up to attention. "So, (Y/N), what do you do?"

     "Oh, I'm a performer slash entertainer I guess. I studied music in Boston and do a couple of gigs every now and then." I responded.

     "Music. Fun! You got a youtube channel?" Toby asked.

    "Not really, I've been thinking about it and it's a maybe. I don't know." 

    "Well you seem like a nice girl. I'm sure you're up to it." Craig smiled. I smiled in return.

     "Thank you." I said, before I could continue, I was interrupted by Mason, screaming from the center of the living room.

     "Who the FUCK wants to play truth or dare."

     There was a mixture of screams between "no" and "yes". As a tie, the boys decided to let me decide what we would do as a tie breaker.

      "Ah what the hell. Why not?" I said, a hint of confidence in my voice as it was sure to be a fun experience.

      And so the game begun. A majority of it was a bunch of bullshit shenanigans and jokes towards other. The best one being Cameron asking Swagger what his social security number and credit card number was when he chose truth.

      "Can I change my choice to dare?" He asked, attempting to dodge the question.

      "I dare you to tell me your social security and credit card number." Cameron laughed out. A series of chuckles commensed from the group of misfits.

       "First of all, fuck you. Secondly, it's 804-" Swagger begun. The boys screamed and ushered him to stop.

       "You have all of that memorized?" Matt asked from the couch.

       "Are you fucking crazy? I don't remember what I had for breakfast. You think I'd remember all that?" Eric retorted.

      "Point taken."

      Finally it was my turn to go, Craig asking truth or dare. I was feeling brave, and I chose dare. And I soon found out that it may not have been the best decision.

      "Alright, (Y/N). I dare you to kiss Smitty."