21; hiding in plain sight

It had been a week since Raven and I had gone our separate ways, and ever since then she's given us a continuous update on where she is. Currently, her and Avery were back in Boston. To keep things safe, Raven decided that they weren't going to stay at our old house, and instead at a small suburb area not far from the university.

       As for Jaren and I, we stayed at his house and laid low. Which I was completely okay with. Laying low meant never leaving the house and basically not interacting with any other people. In other words, my regular way of life and social interaction.

       Of course that didn't mean doing nothing all day. I found ways to occupy myself, did a bit of reading, writing, just some hobby stuff to get my mind off things. After a while I realized I had burned myself out for the day. I huffed quietly to myself and collapsed onto the couch, murmuring unintelligible words.

       After a while I heard my laptop ping from a discord call notification. I sat down at the desk and answered the call from Raven. The call loaded as Raven soon appeared on the screen.

       Raven smiled.

       "Hey, chickadee, how've you been?" she greets.

       "I've been wonderful. Bored, but wonderful." I chuckle.

        Raven laughs, "I get that. I'm not there to set you straight about your life choices."

        I scoff, "Please, if anything, I need to stop you from making reckless purchases from every store you walk in." I tease.

        She pouts and places her hand over her heart, "I'm hurt, (Y/N). You know I only make reckless purchases at bookstores and for stuff that just looks cool."

        "Sure." The both of us laugh, and it was followed by a gentle silence.

       I inhaled quietly, "I miss you."

       Raven frowned, "I miss you too, chickadee."

       "How much longer until we can go back and see each other? Not that I don't like it here, I love spending time with Jaren, but that doesn't mean I don't miss you too." I say. Raven quickly sighs.

       "I know. I don't think it should be for much longer, though. But we should still play it safe." she replies.

       "That sounds good. Let me know if anything happens, okay?"

       Raven smiles. "Of course, love. I'll talk to you soon. Bye, chickadee."

       "Bye, Raven."

       The screen shuts off as the call ends and I exited out of discord. I did miss her a lot, but I also did want her to be safe. For now, hiding and laying low was the best option we had. I slumped down in my chair as Jaren came into the room.

       "Hey, how are you holding up?" he asks, pecking my cheek lightly.

I grin as my cheeks turn a light pink. "I'm doing good. How's work coming along?"

"Doing just fine, I've finished up a few videos which means I can take a break for a while." he smiles, pulling me into a hug. "So, Netflix?"

I perk up suddenly, "I'll get the snacks."

We spent the next few hours binge watching Umbrella Academy and Supernatural until it got late and we decided to head to bed. I treaded on the cold hardwood floors and into the bedroom, Jaren and I climbing into the warm covers of the bed to escape the cooler temperatures from outside the window. We murmured our good night's until we fell asleep, my eyes heavy until they eventually shut and I fell into a slumber.