4; falling for you

---

quick little thing, i changed the name of the ex boyfriend because it completely slipped my mind that swagger was named eric as well sO his name is dakota now :))

---

   'God fucking damn it he's adorable.' I thought. He took a seat in the chair in front of me as I unintentionally kept my gaze on him longer than intended.

     "So, how have things been lately?" he asked, breaking my train of thought.

     "They've actually been really good," I replied, "I caught up with my mom and my best friend Raven is looking for a date."

     Jaren chuckled quietly, "Maybe we could hook her up with John?"

     I smiled briefly, "Fun concept, but she's a lesbian so I don't think that'd work out." Jaren laughed in response, I did as well.

     "Nevermind then" he chuckled. We held each other's gaze for a moment before quickly looking away. 

     I felt a blush make its way to my face and I looked down so he wouldn't be able to see it. He quickly caught on however. 

     "You're blushing, aren't you?" he smiled, I shook my head.

     "No, I don't know what you're talking about!" I denied, he saw through it, specifically because I looked up and my face was all red. He smiled again.

     "Come on, let's go for a walk." He said, offering his hand. I gladly took it and he led us out of the small coffee shop onto the sidewalk. 

     We strolled down the street for a bit in silence, one of us making quiet remarks towards the other and attempting to strike up a conversation. Sadly, the both of us weren't exactly social enough to know how to actually do that

     Eventually we ended up at a small park. It was pretty quiet for the middle of the day, mostly because it was a weekday and most people were at work. But it doesn't hurt to be your own employer. We continued to stroll down the paved path on the park, both enjoying each other's presence. As well as giving me time to think about my current situation.

     The cool shade of the trees along with a nice breeze was the ideal weather for the day. As we continued to walk, I spotted a large oak tree in the center of the park. Looking back on it I probably should have thought about the situation properly before I found myself halfway up the tree.

     "Isn't that dangerous?" Jaren said from below. 

     "Maybe, but you only live once, right?" I called out from above. I found a nice stable branch to sit on and look at everyone else from above.

     "True, but if you fall you're definitely gonna find out." he chuckled. I rolled my eyes playfully and sighed contently.

     "But it's so nice up here," I pleaded. Mostly to hide the fact that I didn't know how to get down.

     "You don't know how to climb down, do you?" He asked, I nodded slowly. He smiled softly. "Here, walk down to a lower branch and I'll attempt to catch you from down here." 

     I looked at him, "Attempt? Are you sure you have the ability to catch a whole-ass human" 

     "Oh, whatever happened to 'you only live once'" he mocked playfully. I sighed and eventually convinced myself to do it. 

     I made my way to a lower branch that wasn't as high up as I was from before. I carefully made my way to the edge, but thanks to a lovely piece of moss that was intricately placed to be the death of me, I slipped and fell off.