13; can't help falling in love

Five days had passed ever since the weekend at Jaren's. Raven and I were struggling with moving in with the apartment but after a few all nighters and seven trips to Ikea along with about ten hours of youtube tutorials of trying to put shit together, we were finally starting to get somewhere. 

     Our bedrooms were the ones we did first, focusing on our main needs first such as the bed, storage, and such before moving on to decor. Now we were doing the Kitchen as we just finished the living room. That was the last piece of the apartment that needed to be done. Thankfully it wasn't much, just a few utensils, pots, pans, the necessities.

     With that, we decided to head out our separate ways to find decor for our bedrooms. I decided to go for a little more aesthetically-pleasing kind of vibe, decorating it with string lights on the bed, while also taking advantage of the LED lights that we had too. After a few hours I finally got all that I needed from the store. Some pillows, a lamp, a small mirror, and a few new vinyls for my record player.

     After placing everything where it needed to be, I plopped down onto the bed and let out a tired sigh. I turned the LED lights in my room onto a light blue hue, the setting around me going from white walls to a blue ocean-like colour. I laid in bed for a bit, hugging the pillow I had recently bought tiredly. 

     Music from the vinyl played quietly from the background, Conan Gray's EP called "Sunset Season". I let the vibe of the music take over the room, turning my bedroom into my own personal room. Everything was almost perfect. Almost. It was missing one thing. 

     Jaren.

     I sat up on the bed and let out a quiet huff, contemplating whether I should text him about our planned meetup. My body had an ongoing conflict for minutes. Then the minutes turned to hours. Why the hell was this so hard? It was a text. And yet something made it so nerve wracking to me. The clock struck to 1 a.m.

     Fuck it. I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and tapped on Jaren's contact. My fingers hovered above the keyboard for a moment. Eventually I began to type out a message to him.

(y/n)

hey, we still up for this weekend?

sent at 1:08 a.m.

     I sent the message and placed my phone back down onto the night stand. I didn't expect him to respond, seeing as it was late. I laid back onto the bed as the song "Crush Culture" came on. Perfect timing I suppose.

     I was caught off guard when my phone pinged with a notification. I picked it up off the table and opened the notification. Jaren responded.

j.

of course.

but there's a slight change of plans.

(y/n)

what do you mean???

j.

i'm in your town :))

(y/n)

WHAT

wait fr???

j.

yes.

meet me at the mcdonalds in a bit