16; family

I headed back up the apartment complex as I watched Jaren leave. I didn't want him too, but it was getting late and we all had lives to get back to. It's not that I'm complaining. Today was an amazing day, but it made me realize how much he's become a part of my life. And how much I miss him now that he's gone. Even if it was just for a little bit. 

     I opened the door to Raven and I's shared apartment and she was there, sitting on the table, her phone in hand and smiling softly at the screen. She quickly directed her attention to me and smiled brightly and made her way towards me.

      "You're home!" she exclaimed, "and pretty early too. Nothing happened, right?" she asked, her eyebrow raised slightly.

      I chuckled softly, "No, Raven, nothing happened. I just had a wonderful night out with my boyfriend." I said, stressing out the last word.

      "Oh, that's nice. I'm glad yo-" she stopped suddenly, "wait a fucking second did you just say boyfriend?"

      I giggled a bit, "maybe." I smiled.

      Raven squealed in joy and nearly started jumping for you, "OH MY FUCKING GOD DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE FUCKING WAITED FOR THIS JESUS FUCK"

     I ushered her to calm down as I watched her react, "Raven, Raven! Calm down!" I laughed out, she took deep breaths and initially calmed down a bit.

      "I'm sorry, this is just an emotional time for me because my best friend just got with her crush, and it's just really fucking happy and it's hitting me like a fucking train, ugh I fucking love you, (Y/N)" she sobbed out happily. 

     I smiled and hugged her, stroking her softly, "I love you too, Raven. And I'm super happy for you and Avery too."

     There was a slight pause, "do you really think Avery is the one, (Y/N)? I mean, I only just met her and all, but there's something there. Like I genuinely feel something with her and I know it's real. I'm not all for this 'love at first sight' stuff but I'll be damned if I said I didn't fall for this girl the second I laid my eyes on her."

     My heart melted softly, "Raven, I can tell that this girl makes you happy. And if you think that she's the one, you need to go for it. Like you told me. But no matter what, we'll always be here for each other."

      Raven smiled, "you're still gonna help me get ready for the date tomorrow night, right?"

     "Of course I am! After everything you did today, I'm gonna make sure that your date tomorrow is one of the  best you'll ever have. It'll be unforgettable." I said, Raven hugged me tightly.

     "You're a great friend, (Y/N)."

     "So are you." I smiled, the both of us remained together for that night watching and crying over Netflix movies and deciding which pets we wanted to adopt. Today felt good. Almost too good to be perfect. It was kind of fishy at first, but hell, I'll take it. I wasn't close with my actual family, but I'll be damned if the people I have in my life now weren't my family now. 

      I love them and I'm willing to do anything to make sure that they're safe and happy. 

      Anything.