Prolouge

Authors Note:

Hello everyone!

I've wrote some stories here and there as I've grown up, but I don't feel like they have been admitted as my "full potential". I feel like I have much more in me, so I decided I will write something now that I am more knowledgeable than the time I last wrote.

Also, I may change some things about werewolves in this, so be prepared if something is different than normal.

I have a bad habit of writers block, so forgive me if I may not post for a while. I will try to get this book finished as soon as possible while also emitting my best quality in the story itself. I hope you'll bare with me on this fun adventure. I can't wait to see what this becomes. I hope you enjoy my story!
-Danielle

———————-
A scream.

That was the last thing I ever heard my mother do.

She fell to the cold ground while I sat and watched in horror. Her eyes looked to me, and their beautiful blue orbs turned grey in an instant. It was at that moment I realized she was gone. Watching the grey spread from her eyes to the rest of her skin startled me. The life was slowly draining from her, inch by inch.

Every second a new part of her was dead. It spread so quickly, each organ slowly stoping. I ran towards her, my knees gave in as soon as I was next to her, and I fell to the ground. Before I even knew it her entire body was pale. She was gone. Crimson red spilled from her stomach and onto the grass below. Her skin was no longer the olive color I had known for so long. Her skin was pale grey. It seemed like everything took on that grey color during death.

I felt the tears stream down my face but I didn't care. I let them fall. Then I remembered something. The shooter.

I turned around but to my surprise the monster who shot my mother was gone. I glanced around frantically, but the shadowy figure had disappeared out of sight. I saw my dad running towards us, he fell to the ground as well, grabbing his wife's head and pulling her into his lap.

He began to yell at me, but I couldn't understand him. My ears where ringing. The only thing I could hear clearly was the sound of my frantic heartbeat. But I snapped out of it as my fathers hand collided with the left side of my face.

I sat up from the bed breathing heavily. My hand went up to the left cheek, only to feel my nothing. I relaxed a little, but the memory still replayed over and over again in my head.

I haven't seen him in person for years, but yet I see him almost every night in my dreams.

The sheets around me felt like they were stuck to my skin, and I was drenched in sweat. I ripped off the blanket, and stood up. After deciding the best thing to do to calm me was to get a glass of water, I made my way across the small apartment towards the kitchen. I grabbed a glass from the pantry and filled it.

The windows that stretched out across the side of the apartment gave me the full view of New York City. I walked over, and sat on the ledge, watching the cars drive below. The city lights calmed me.

It was simpler blending in as a human here than it was being a werewolf there. I liked being human. I didn't have to worry so much about a pack. I only had to worry about me.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about the werewolf side of me anymore. I'm free here.