Chapter 9

I woke up with Isaac shaking me. I opened my eyes, and saw that we were parked in a driveway of a mansion. I sat up, stretching my arms until I relaxed back into the sort-of-uncomfortable car seat.

"We're here."

My brain was kind of fuzzy, and I stood out of the backseat of the car. I had switched to the backseat shortly after we passed the Kansas border. It was very boring, and dark, so I took the time to sleep.

I must of slept the whole way, because now I stood in front of some large building.

"Where is here, exactly?"

"Our home."

Our home?

As we walked up the stairs of the beautiful mansion, I couldn't help but to be amazed. It wasn't overly fancy, but it was still nicer than anything I had ever imagined myself living in. When we walked up to the door, two men stood in white tuxedos and greeted us. Isaac did a curt nod, and they opened up the doors. Dang, what is this place? A castle? I mean... who has doormen?

Apparently Isaac does.

The inside had a large room with a table set out in the middle. A nice bouquet of white roses were placed in the center, as well as some other decor. There were shelves that lined the room, as well as a chandelier, and some wall decor. Maids ran around cleaning the house. The floors were a beautiful hardwood, and the light cream of the walls made the whole room pop. At the north end of the large room, there was a large stairwell. Isaac continued to walk up it, me following closely behind.

We made it up to the third floor when we stopped. Isaac pulled out a set of keys from his pocket, and opened up the door to a very large suite.

"This will be your room. I hope it meets your expectations. Feel free to decorate it as you please until you decide to move in with me."

I stood there shocked. I heard Isaac chuckle, and he grabbed my hand. "Come on.."

The room was an army green. A small kitchen and a living room were in the center. To the right was a bedroom, with a large king size bed. There were large sliding glass doors that overlooked the woods behind the mansion. A small balcony was also attached. The room was stunning to say the least.

"Well, do you like it?" He held uncertainty in his voice. Still speechless, I nodded my head eagerly. He smiled, and stared at me. His eyes filled with that same indescribable emotion from earlier.

"Y-yes, I love it! This is amazing." I mentally hated myself for my stutter, but I just tried to brush it off like it didn't happen.

"Good. I'm right next door. I'll have Mrs. Smith bring your stuff up. For now, its four in the morning, so please get some rest. Breakfast starts at six, and goes until ten. It's on the first floor left from the entrance."

I sat down on the mattress and ran my fingers through the fabric. I can't believe this is happening. This was nicer than some of the hotels I've stayed at. Isaac turned to leave and after the door had shut, I leaned back and shut my eyes.

This is the craziest thing that has ever happened to me.

----------

I was lost.

After waking up a short time later from the best nap I've ever had, I got a shower and placed on some of the clothes that were brought up during my slumber. I had decided it was time to head down for breakfast, and after making a lot of wrong turns, I had no idea where the heck I was.

This place was a maize.

But hey... I found the pool.

I took another turn and ran into a hard chest. I looked down quickly, and apologized. I heard a small giggle and I looked to see a girl around my age standing there.

"That's okay. Sorry, I really should have put my phone down. I got sucked into the twitter hole.."
She mumbled towards the end. I laughed slightly, and watched as the girl stuck her hand out. "I'm Ashley."

I stuck mine in hers, and shook it. "Amber."
I pulled back and wiped my hand on my pants. I'm not the best people person, and my hands were kind of sweaty. "Are you friends with the Alpha?"

I bit my lip and looked away. I wasn't sure if Isaac wanted people knowing about me. "Something like that."

She was about to question me when I heard Isaac's voice travel down the hall. "Ash, Amber, what are you doing down here?" Isaac came up next to us and placed his hand on Ashley's shoulder. I tried not to let my jealousy show. Stupid wolfy hormones.

"I was looking for Chris, but gave up." Isaac rolled his eyes and looked at me, waiting for my explanation. "I was just looking for the breakfast room." I mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Oh. Well, you're on the wrong floor. Ashley, do you mind showing Amber the cafeteria? I have some business to attend to."

Ashley nodded and bit her nails. Her hair was blonde, and was very curly. She was very pretty, and she looked very toned. "Sure thing, bro." Ashley grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall. I stumbled a little, and tried to gain my balance praying that I wouldn't face plant. She continued to drag me down several hallways, and then we found our way to those familiar stairs.

"So, how do you know my brother?"

I was shocked. They didn't look similar. Isaac's hair was black, and hers was that bright blonde. They both had the blue eyes, but hers were not as radiating as his. I didn't get lost in them like I did his.

Ashley must have seen the shock on my face, cause she chuckled a little. "I know, we don't look anything a like. Isaac is a mere image of my dad. I look Identical to my mom. We are polar opposites as well. He's the more serious one, and strict. I'm the more fun one."

I nodded and looked down. I was trying to avoid the topic, but I guess it was bound to come out eventually. "I'm Isaac's mate."

It was now her turn to wear the shocked expression. She then squealed, loudly. She began to rant and I just laughed and nodded along. She continued on with her babbling, me just smiling and nodding through most of it. I was never one to talk much. I would always get in trouble for talking even just a little back at my old pack. I learned to remain quiet.

We walked into a large room that smelt of bacon and many other breakfast foods. The smell made my mouth water. I was practically drooling. In the center of the room was a buffet set up. A few people here and there were sitting along in the tables. For how big this place was, I was surprised that there weren't more people.

We made our way over to the buffet line, grabbing a plate and piled it on with bacon, eggs, and some toast. We made our way to a table, and we sat and ate as she babbled on some more.

I liked Ashley. She had a spark in her that I always wished I had. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to get closer to her. Maybe it wouldn't be all that bad here....

Maybe.

Just maybe.

—————
Authors Note:
Hey guys! So I updated early this week! Yay!

Anyways, I don't really like this chapter a whole lot, because nothing exciting really happens, but I promise something will very shortly! Anyways, I'll see you later, bookworms!

-Dani