Chapter 3

"Come on, get your ass out of the car."

Olivia grabbed my hand before I could even grab my jacket, pulling me towards the large building. The mall was rather foreign to me. I only came here to Christmas shop, and even then, I tried to stay away.

Christmas shopping at this facility was a nightmare. People rushing, no manners from anyone, and not to mention the intensity of just Christmas shopping in general.

"Jesus Christ, I'm coming."

Her small hand let go of my mine and we made our way inside.

There were people everywhere, talking and minding their own business. Familiar smells flooded in my nose, causing my stomach to growl. I haven't eaten anything yet and the fried food from the food court was smelling heavenly.

I noticed Olivia was already walking around in a large store.  I was quick to follow her lead.

Inside we found many dresses, all were okay but definitely not my style. We continued on our adventure, walking until I found an Old Navy, quickly going inside.

Towards the back of the woman's isle, I found a cute black dress that ended above my knee. It was a little snug, but was perfect. When I walked out with it on, Olivia's eyes widened, and she whistled. I laughed and went back into the changing room.

We went to the front to pay for it. As we stood in line, a woman and her son were standing behind us arguing back and forth. The boy only looked to be around 5 or 6, and he was a spitting image of his mother.

"After we pay, then we are going to buy you some new shoes. Then we will go buy the churros."

My ears perked up when she said churros. It seemed like my stomach did too.

"But they are buy one get one free! I don't want them to be all gone!"

My mouth was watering. Buy one get one free, huh?

I like the sound of that..

After we paid, it was my turn to grab Olivia's wrist and drag her around. I ranted about these supposed churros, and soon she was walking just as fast as me.

Getting closer to the food court made my stomach ache. All these wonderful smells cause a little bit of drool to come out. I wiped it away quickly before anyone could notice.

I was a wolf, so I drool a lot. It's a canine thing.

Don't judge.

Then Olivia points across the court, to a small churro stand that had a massive sign out that read in big red letters, "BUY ONE GET ONE".

We darted across the cafeteria, and arrived just in time. We were the first people up there, and before we know it a small line begins to form behind us. Each individual with the same hungry expression as us, We both ordered 2. The man gave us our deep fried cinnamon sugar goodness and we both walked away, satisfied with our life decisions.

We ate them rather quickly, and decided it was about time to go home and get ready for tonight.

As we walked out the doors we came in though, Olivia stopped me and began to sniff the air, something I hadn't seen her do in a long time.

"What is i-"

She cut me off with a loud growl.

Okay, damn.

I sniffed the air too, and then something hit me.

The most delicious smell I've ever smelt. It was a nutmeg, woodsy type of smell. It was so good, it made my mouth begin to water again.