Chapter 13

Our picnic ended rather quickly. Issac and I had just finished packing, and were now walking back down the dark path. If it wasn't for my werewolf vision, I'd be scared of the dark. Nothing about the dark in general, just the feeling of someone being around you and you not knowing about it.

It was quiet, only a few birds chirping here and there. Issac however kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eye, causing him to not see the tree branch in front of him and he tripped over it, ending up on the ground. Everything in his arms landed all over the forest floor. The peaceful forest now was filled with mine and Issac's loud laughs. I set down the blanket and the fairy lights I had been carrying, and went to reach down to give Issac a hand.

He took it, but instead of me pulling him up, he took me down. I landed on top of his body, continuing to laugh this entire time. He wrapped his arms around me and refused to let me go, a mischievous grin crawling on his face.

The laughing died down, and we just sat like that for a while. He stared into my eyes, an unknown emotion in his. I noticed his eyes trail down to my lips, and soon my eyes followed to his.

Before I realised what I was doing, I started to lean in.

Before our lips could connect however, a large howl sounded and broke us apart. I stood up quickly and began dusting off my clothes. My cheeks were heating up more by the second. Issac sat up and ran his hand through his hair.

"Listen, I think that..." Issac started but the sound of a stick breaking caused him to stop and turn to look behind him. There stood a large wolf, just staring at us. The wolf transformed into a man, and a very bare one at that.

I quickly glanced at the ground quickly, trying to avoid my eyes. The man didn't seem to notice, or care, that I was here.

"Alpha, there's been an attack."

My heart started to pick up.

An attack?

"What happened?"

Issac began to quickly pack up the stuff and left it in a pile, looking at the man.

"A rogue wolf ran into our borders. At first he ran straight through, sniffing the air all while running, almost as if he was searching for something. Then, as soon as he got to your house, he stopped, and howled. When patrol caught up to him, he became violent. Five are injured sir. We are not exactly sure what all happened."

"Where is the rogue now?"

"In the pack cells."

Issac quickly grabbed my hand, and pulled me along with him. We walked rather quickly through the trees. Eventually we made it to the pack cells, where we greeted Axel.

Issac didn't seem to be in the mood for discussion. With one nod, Axel opened up the door to the grey brick building. Guards were all over the place, bowing their heads as Issac walked past. Eventually we came up to the cells, and by the looks of it, only one was occupied.

Issac's pack rarely dealt with attacks. They were allies to most packs, and respected by almost all alphas. My dad being one of the few exceptions. Though, he hated all alphas, it didn't matter who you were. They all felt like a threat to him in his mind.

The rogue was hunched over in the back corner of the cell, his back facing us. He seemed sketchy. His clothes were covered in various stains. He slowly turned around and looked at us. A craze look in his eyes. He smiled with the few teeth he had. Then he began to laugh.

Issac grabbed me and put me behind his back. I glanced around his shoulder and I continued to study the man and his movements. Much like a snake, he made his way over, and placed his hands on the bars of the cell.

"You're still alive. He'll be so happy to hear that." He laughed out.

This guy has to be on some type of drugs.

"What are you talking about?" Issac remained calm. His face blank and he just stared at the man, who was no longer smiling.

"Master will be happy to hear about this."

"Who?" Issac was getting annoyed with this now. His frustration slowly etching on his features.

The rogue laughed harder this time. Falling to the ground with a loud thud. His laughter echoed through the white halls. It sent shivers down my spine.

"Who?! Why Master Griffin."

My heart skipped a beat once again. Next thing I know I can't breathe and I'm struggling to hold my balance.

This can not be happening...

"Who the hell is that?"

Before the stray rogue could answer, my legs gave out and I fell to the floor. Issac quickly glanced at me, and was by my side in an instant.

I can't believe this right now...

"What's wrong?" Issac was trying to remain calm, looking at every inch of my body trying to identify why I must have fallen.

"My father." Was all I managed to whisper.

Issac stared into my eyes, his swirling with confusion. It took him a few seconds before he realized that was the answer to his question.

"Master Griffin" is my father...

———
Authors Note
Hey! So I'm back! And WOW! I was not expecting to get so many reads while I was gone!

Thank you guys so much!

These past few months have been really tough, so it means a lot knowing that this is doing good.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Till next time...
-Danielle