Chapter 8

(Ambers POV)

I groaned as I heard a loud banging on the door. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was like six in the morning. I stood, and stretched. I love stretching, it makes my whole body happy. Though, my mind was only thinking about going back to bed. As I opened the door, I was tackled by a very delicious smell. I immediately knew who it was, and cursed myself mentally for opening the stupid door.

Isaac laid on top of me, his body crushing mine. His nose was buried in my neck, and he was inhaling my scent. I wanted to push him off of me, but I couldn't. I felt my wolf's presence in my mind, encouraging me to wrap my arms around him. I did, feeling him relax.  A small, low growl erupted from his chest. He pulled his head from my neck, looking me in the eyes.

"Dont. Ever. Leave. Me. Again."

I couldn't speak. He slowly got off of me, and pulled me up. I stood there, in my PJ's and bed head not exactly sure of what to say or do.

How did they find me so fast?

I saw Olivia and Elijah standing outside the door. Olivia ran up to me and gave me a hug, and then pulled back and hit my arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I yelled.

She laughed and pulled me in for another hug. "The slap was for pushing me and running away. The hug is because I'm glad you're okay."

Isaac let out a low growl and sent a minor glare towards his direction. I guess he didn't appreciate her hitting me. I just laughed and shook my head. I pulled away, and looked once again at Isaac, who was staring at me intensely from the bed.

"I think we should stay here to rest for a while. We can get back on the road later." Elijah said.
Isaac simply nodded, and continued to stare at me. "I need to speak to Amber for a moment. Can you excuse us for a few?" Isaac looked to Elijah, and he nodded, pulling Olivia out with him.

Once the door closed, Isaac stood up and was by my side in seconds. His hand reached up and touched my face, and before I pulled back, my wolf came up and forced me to stay. "He's our mate".

"You have no idea how worried I was. My wolf was out of control. I felt his fear, and he's never afraid."

I looked away from his gaze. He growled lowly, and I looked back up to his eyes. He leaned his head into my neck, and inhaled. I relaxed being so close to him. My body was craving his. I was lost feeling the pull. He pulled away, and turned around. His back muscles were tense, and I knew his anger was back.

"After we rest, I'm taking you to our pack. I'll send Elijah with Olivia back to your apartment to pack up."

I didn't know what to say, or do, so I just stood there. My mind running a thousand miles an hour. I wanted to object, but I was too tired to argue. I threw myself back on the bed, and closed my eyes. They immediately opened when I heard the motel room door open and in walked Olivia and Elijah. They were smiling and laughing. I felt happy for Olivia. She finally found her mate, and she deserved to be happy. Isaac was practically glaring at them. I have no idea what his problem is.

Isaac walked over to Elijah and grabbed his arm and led him outside. Olivia watched quietly. She walked over towards me, and smiled. I returned it, and yawned. She did the same, and we both giggled. Goddess I felt delirious. I barely got any sleep last night, and it's now six in the morning. My eyelids felt like they were being weighed down by 10 pound weights. I was exhausted to say the least.

Isaac walked back in. Maybe it's just my state of mind, but from where I sat, Isaac looked extremely tall. His shoulders were wide, and they lead to his strong muscles. You could see his abs through his shirt, and I felt my wolf purr admiring our mate. That was the first time I've heard my wolf purr since before my mother died.