Chapter 4

I began to look around, I was getting tired of running, and I was now curious as to what that scent is. My wolf was there again back in my mind.

I continued to look around, when suddenly I saw it. Where the smell was coming from.

At the entrance was three guys, but the tallest one was the one I was concerned about. He was looking around too. His black hair was fallen over to one side, and his jawline looked like it was sculpted by the moon goddess herself. His body was built strong, I could tell almost instantly by looking at him he was an Alpha.

His piercing blue eyes landed on mine. For the first time in a long time, my wolf said something.

"Mate."

I was in disbelief. There's no way. I had to run to a place where I knew there wouldn't be any werewolves.

My wolf was purring. It felt nice having her back, but I knew I had to get out of there. I broke eye contact and looked everywhere, to where I saw Olivia. She was walking towards the three guys, one of them walking towards her. That's her mate. It has to be.

I realized just then that my mate wasn't over there. I turned around, grabbed my beers, and when I turned back around I saw nothing but a strong chest.
I gulped, the nutmeg smell was so powerful, it made me want to melt.

He wants us.

Wow. I don't think I'll be getting used to her being there anytime soon. 

I looked up to his eyes, and my knees went a little weak. He was so handsome. I wanted to reach up and touch his face, but I didn't. I knew better than to. God he was so perfect.

Way too perfect for me.

His hand reached up to gently push a strand of hair behind my ear. His eyes were filled with awe, and I relished the tingles that came from his touch.

"Mine." He growled lowly.

I gulped, and broke eye contact.

No, no, no, this can not be happening.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowed place, taking me towards the entrance where all of his friends were. I tried my best to ignore the tingles coming from us holding hands. My wolf was still purring, loving to have finally found the one she was destined for. At the entrance stood Olivia, with her mates arm wrapped around her. She was still staring up at him, studying his every feature like it was the last time she would ever see him.

My mate stopped and pulled me up to his side. His hand was still nestled in mine, and he looked around at his men.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna take my mate here for a little walk, but you guys can feel free to hang around."

His voice was so husky. I could listen to him talk all day. Olivia looked at me and looked at my mate and smiled widely. I haven't seen her this happy in a long time. The men nodded and all went towards the dance floor, Olivia following her mate.

My mate and I walked out of the club, and onto the sidewalk. It was a little chilly right now, but I tried to push the cold out of my head. I think my mate could sense that I was cold, because he took his jacket off and placed it around me. I would normally be really warm, but since I haven't been in touch with my wolf for so long, my human side of me has pretty much taken control.

"So, why do you smell like a rouge? Do you not have a pack?"

Well he got straight to the point.

"Something like that..." I mumbled out.

He sighed and stopped walking. His eyes looked deeply into mine. I could tell he was trying to figure me out.

"You don't have to be afraid to talk to me. I'm your soul mate."

I bit my lip and looked down. I didn't want him to know my past, I've been trying to run away from it.

"I know. It's just complicated, and not to mention I just met you."

"I'll always be here to listen. Do you wanna go get a cup of coffee or something? We can learn a little bit about each other."

"Okay."

I didn't want to hurt him, or reject him. Some part of me wanted to be with him, but the other part wanted to turn and run right there. I was scared of going back. My father told me for years that I was a worthless piece of shit and I don't want my mate to view me as the same.

We walked down the street a little ways and a cute little coffee shop was open, so we walked in there. After ordering two cups of coffee we sat down at a booth.

The coffee calmed me, it's warmth made me feel sleepy.

"What's your name?"

I hesitated before answering. I wasn't sure I wanted to start the "small talk" quite yet. 

"Amber, what's yours?

"Issac Ward."

Even just his name sounds powerful. I recognized his last name, but I couldn't place where from.

"I'm Alpha of Redwood Pack."

Redwood Pack, now that name I remember. It's the most powerful pack in the country. They weren't known for being ruthless or anything like that, but they were some of the most respected wolves out there. They didn't mess with you as long as you didn't mess with them. They were also some of the strongest wolves ever, they take their training very seriously. They were always pretty far from where my pack was.

"I used to be apart of Evergreen pack."

He took a long sip of his coffee, his eyes looked around the room, and his face remained stone. He looked back to me, and sat down his cup of coffee.

The coffee shop was pretty empty. It was like 10 pm and I think they close soon, but I honestly don't know what the plan is after this.

"Why aren't you apart of a pack anymore? You barely even smell like a werewolf. It's super faint."

I didn't know what to say. I mean, how do you tell your mate that you just met that your mother was shot right in front of you when you were sixteen, and you were beaten every day by your father who blamed you for her death? And that you ran away from home because you didn't want anything to do with being apart of a pack due to being scared of people hating you?

You can't say that.

"It's a long story, let's just say I ran away from my pack for personal reasons."

"So you just give up on being a werewolf all together?"

I sighed. I didn't want this conversation to continue. I was at a loss for words. At this point, all I wanted was to go home now. Too much has happened today.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pried you like that. My wolf just knows that somethings not right with the situation you're in, and quite frankly I wanna know what happened too. I'll let you talk to me when your ready though."

He was too sweet. But he deserves better than me.

I just put on a fake smile and told him that it was okay. We finished our coffee in silence and walked back to the club after. Issac went to the bathroom, so I took the chance to grab Olivia and told her that we had to leave. She was upset at first, but after her mate and her switched phone numbers she was all good to go. We ran out and caught a cab, not having time to call an Uber. As we drove home, Olivia proceeded to tell me everything about her mate, Elijah.

When we got home I relaxed a little. I took off the dress and plopped down onto my bed. I was exhausted to say the least. My wolf kept putting images of Issac in our head, replaying moments with him over and over.

I tried to shut my eyes and fall asleep, but he just kept popping up. His smile was driving me crazy.

It's crazy how one guy can change your whole world in just one night.