Chapter 6

(Ambers pov)
Edited

A small knock on the door awakened me. I open my eyes for a split second glancing at the clock and then closed them again. It was 6:30 in the morning, there was no way I was getting up now. The knocks continued and grew louder with each one. My head felt heavy. I was not in the mood for this. I got out of my soft mattress, already missing it's warmth and comfort. I let out a small sigh and rubbed my eyes before walking over and reaching for the door handle. Without hesitation, I pulled open the door.

Unexpectedly, there stood my beautiful mate. I jumped a little, not expecting him to be there. How the hell did he find me? He eyes me over slowly, watching as if I'm his prey and he's about to attack.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was raspy and I tried to cough but it came out more of a squeak.

"Your roommate let me in." His eyes stopped and landed on the crook of my neck, his eyes darkening a little before he met my eyes once again.

She's dead.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to breakfast? You need some food in your system anyway after you went clubbing last night."

It was a weird thought going to breakfast. I never really eat breakfast. A cup of coffee is enough to satisfy me in the mornings. The last time I went out to breakfast was with my ex boyfriend. He took me out on a coffee date. Little did I know that would be the last date we ever went on. He later stood me up every time I tried to hang out with him. After the second time of being stood up, I just stopped trying.

"Um..."

His eyes stared back at me, almost no emotion except for one small ounce of hope.

I had a similar ounce of hope when I was younger. Who was I to just demolish that within him. After all, I know how that feels all to well.

"Sure. Just let me get ready."

He nods and I close the door. After I grabbed a black shirt and a pair of ripped blue jeans, I walked into the bathroom. I turned on the water in the shower, turning it to just the right temp. I climbed in, and let the warm water trickle down me. It felt good. It's warmth also helped me wake up.

After my shower, I threw on my clothes and quickly blow dried my hair. I threw it up in a bun and when looking in the mirror, I was finally satisfied with my look. I opened the door and stepped into the hall, the cold air hitting my skin immediately. The bathroom was all steamy, and it felt like a spa in there. The rest of the apartment was freezing cold. I decided I should probably grab a sweatshirt, so I quickly ran to my room and grabbed one. I threw it over my body, and proceed to head towards the living room.

Isaac sat at the couch, going through what I assumed was his social media. I could tell that he could sense that I walked in there without even having to look up because his shoulders relaxed. He stood up and placed his phone in his back pocket. His eyes roamed me, making myself insecure. I felt intimidated under his stare. Out of old habit, I looked down. If I looked at my father in the eye, it would often end me up getting slapped. He walked over towards me, and lifted my head gently with his finger. I flinched, taking a step back. I wasn't ready to be touched yet.

Flashbacks flooded my memory of the things my father used to do. I closed my eyes shut, took a deep breath, and pushed the horrible thoughts away. I opened them and my mate stared at me, concern and hurt running through his features. I sighed, and headed towards the door. He followed and we walked out. He soon got in front of me and lead me to a slick black Mercedes. He opened up the door for me, and I got in and mumbled a "thank you" while doing so. He climbed in the drivers side, buckled up, and began to drive. Once out of the parking garage, he drove onto the busy streets.

City Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें