Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The plate in front of me was filled to the edge with a massive steak and a side of green beans and potatoes. I was currently listening to Olivia's awesome stories over her trip. She had seen and been to a lot of places. All sounded amazing by the way she described them.

It was nice to see her again, don't get me wrong, but after hearing about her adventures over the past few weeks made me slightly upset and annoyed.

She was out there having a blast traveling the country, while I've been trapped being bored here. Issac's pack was beautiful, but he never let me go on runs unless if I was with him. Due to him being busy with pack business, I didn't go on to many runs. Training was the only time I got out of this building; with the rogue wolf I haven't been able to do much of that either.

Issacs hand touched my shoulder as he sat down next to me, stopping my long train of thoughts. I watched him for a few seconds sit down with two large plates stacked high with almost everything they had to offer tonight at the buffet.

The way the kitchen was set up was much like the way a buffet would be. There's a medium sized room filled with tables that surround the large food setup. They had three total tables filled with large metal pans with spoons and ladles next to them. Each pan had a different food item. The first table had salads and fruits, along with various salad dressings and cheeses. The next table was filled with large pieces of steak and pork chops, as well as a lot of sides. And the final table was filled with deserts. Each one had the ability to make your mouth water.

I used to make my own plates, but Issac always insisted I eat more. He eventually began to make my own plate for me instead; something I wasn't fond of but I tolerated it.

Elijah sat down next to Olivia, kissing her on the head as he did so. She stopped telling her story for a second to give him a peck, before turning back to chat with me some more. Elijah just laughed slightly shaking his head at his mate.

"Honey..." he started.

She turned to look at him, pausing her story once again. "Yes?"

"I think you should eat. You've been talking for so long your food is getting cold." Olivia looked down at her untouched plate, the one that Elijah made for her so she could have more time to ramble to me.

"Fine..." She grumbled, before picking up her fork and stabbing it into a green bean. She looked up to me before she placed it in her mouth, whispered "I'll tell you later."

I chuckled slightly and took a potato and nibbled on it some. Issac seemed to notice I wasn't eating my food. He studied me as I placed the fork down. He placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing it slightly to get my attention.

When I turned to look at him, I noticed the worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He glanced over my face, looking for any signs that told him I wasn't.

I nodded my head, turning my head back down to look at the still full plate of food.

He leaned closer to me, his face right by my right ear. His voice was quiet so only I could hear."Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm not hungry." It was the truth. I hadn't been all day. Issac took a finger and turned my head to look at him. He placed his hand on my forehead, a small frown pulling on his lips. "You feel hot."

Elijah sniffed the air, his eyes darkening slightly. "I think she's starting heat."

Issac sniffed too, his eyes darkening as well. He stood up quickly, pulling my chair out from the table.