Movie Night

SAGE'S POV

Friday came faster than I expected. Much, much faster.

After my morning classes were over, I went to the library for a short, four hour shift. I then went straight from work to the store. I bought chips and drinks, as well as a few extra blankets in case there weren't enough for all of us. Sage, you're overbuying, I warned myself.

I also picked up a few bags of candy, along with a big bowl to dump it all into. Just to be safe.

After checking out and driving back to my apartment, it was around 5:00.

"So, how many people are we actually feeding?" Leo teased, grinning as I set all the bags on the dining table. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Ben joined us in the kitchen, quirking an eyebrow.

"Did I miss the memo for the apocalypse?"

"Oh my God, shut up!" I snapped, buzzing around the kitchen.

"Jeez..."

"Touchy," Leo mumbled. He sighed then. "Calm down. I can feel the knots in your stomach." I sighed heavily, shutting my eyes. I turned to face my friends.

"I just... really don't want to mess this up," I admitted.

"What exactly is this?" Ben asked.

"I don't know..." They nodded.

"Here, I'll unload the groceries," Ben offered. "You just go in your room and get ready." I smiled weakly at him.

"Thank you." He waved me off. I went to my room and shut the door, before looking down at my buzzing phone. My heart rate multiplied. "Hi, Angel."

"Hey." Dare I say it sounded like he was smiling.

"What's up?"

"Well, I just wanted to tell you I'll probably be a bit late tonight," he told me. I pouted to myself. Stiffen up!

"Oh?"

"I just have to talk to my professor, Mr. Hensley, about a grade I got."

"Oh. Well, that's okay. I'll see you later tonight, then." We bid goodbye and once I put the phone away, I went to the bathroom and looked my reflection over. My cheeks were flushed, my eyes dilated and my hands clammy. Breathe.

About two hours later, I was ready for the night. I was clad in black sweatpants and a black sweater and black socks.

I entered the living room, seating myself beside Leo.

"Is Ben in his room?" I asked. He didn't meet my eyes, hand gripping the remote tighter than necessary.

"No, he went to go see Josh." Josh was a few apartments down the hall; he was a mutual friend of ours.

"Hey." He glanced at me. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Why?"

"You seem tense." He shrugged.

"I'm alright." I narrowed my eyes.

"Are you stressed?"

"No."

"Tired?"

"No."

"Worried?"

"No, Sage."

"Is it a boy?" He blinked.

"N-No." I smirked.

"You stuttered." He shook his head, cheeks flushing.

"I did not."

"Oh, you did." I sat on my knees. "Come on, now you have to tell me." He groaned.

"There's no guy!" I stared at him and he met my gaze, huffing. "Fine. There's a guy. Whatever." I grinned.

"Who is it?"

"I'm not telling you." I pouted.

"Why?" He sighed. "Does Ben know? I bet you Ben knows." He frowned.

"Ben doesn't know." I raised my eyebrows.

"Ben doesn't even know? Wow, you little secret keeper." He cracked a laugh and rolled his eyes.

I found my way to the kitchen, starting the snacks. I filled the chip bowls and candy bowl and set the drinks up on the coffee table. Leo helped, eating more than half of the first chip bowl.

Once we finished, Ben returned and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Ben, do you know about the secret crush that Leo has?" Ben gasped.

"Leo has a secret crush?" Leo smacked my arm.

"Sage!" He scolded.

"What! It's Ben!" He huffed. Ben poked Leo in the side.

"Tell us." Leo jerked away, stepping back.

"No. It's not even a big deal."

"Come on, tell us, please?" I begged. Leo sighed.

"No." I pouted and Ben narrowed his eyes speculatively.

"Leo." Leo stared at him a while.

"I'm going to take a shower." With that, he was gone, leaving me and Ben standing, a bit taken back. Leo always told us when he liked someone. Always.

I shook my head and went back into the living room, sinking into the couch and flicking through the channels before finding something acceptable. I sat there comfortably, just trying to make the butterflies in my stomach go away as I waited anxiously for Angel to arrive.