Patch Up

ANGEL'S POV

My head was spinning by the time I got Sage out to the car. I frantically lie his lifeless body in the backseat of my car, rushing around to the driver's seat and starting the car up immediately.

I sped to the nearest hospital, arriving in record time.

I hurriedly scooped Sage into my arms, struggling a bit because he was bigger than I was.

I called for the first person I could find, and a young nurse retrieved a gurney in seconds, and I gently lie him down on it.

"I-I don't know what happened. I opened the door, and h-he was just th-there." She nodded and called another medical professional over and the two rushed him into a different part of the hospital, through a set of double doors. I had attempted to follow, but they wouldn't let me through, saying it was 'restricted', which only scared me more, not being able to be with him.

So, I sat in the waiting room, my head in my hands as I thought about what I should do. I sat up quickly and pulled my phone out of my back pocket, dialing Ben's number. He picked up after the second ring.

"Angel?"

"Ben, this is an emergency. I'm at the hospital," I said, my voice shaking.

"What? What happened?"

"It's Sage."

"What hospital are you at?" He asked.

"Wilson Mercy."

"Alright, alright, calm down. We'll be there soon. We'll all be there soon," he assured me. I bid him goodbye and pulled my knees up to my chest, burying my face my arms.

I got up a bit later and left the waiting room, growing impatient.

"Is he okay?" I asked the nurse who'd taken him first.

"He's still getting some tests done," she said, flipping through a chart without looking at me.

"Well, how much longer will it be?"

"Hard to tell." My jaw clenched.

"First of all, it'd be really great if you could look me in the eye when you're speaking to me," I snapped, and her head immediately bounced up to meet my sharp gaze. "Secondly, if you could find out how much longer he'd be, or at least try instead of being an ass about it, that'd be pretty helpful." Her cheeks flushed red as she glanced around, attention drawing to the two of us.

Just then, I turned my head to see Ben and Leo rushing in, Carlos and Terry close behind. When I caught Leo's eyes, he tapped Ben's shoulder pointed to me, and the four of them rushed to me.

"What happened?" Ben asked first, face covered in concern.

"I-I-I don't know. There was knocking on my door and when I went to open it, he was just lying there on the ground and I—" I shook my head quickly, eyes welling up as the image of an unconscious Sage flashed through my mind.

He'd looked so... lifeless.

I completely burst into tears, Ben encasing me in his arms.

"Shh, shh. It's okay. Come on, let's go wait."

We sat in the waiting room, my head on Terry's shoulder as I sniffed softly every few moments.

"What happened to him?" I whispered to myself. Leo and Ben looked between each other, then back to me and I stared at them.

"He hasn't been well, Angel," Leo said gently, as if not to upset me again. I shook my head.

"Yeah, neither have I... but I'm still conscious. I'm not... I'm not..." I shook my head and Ben cleared his throat, sitting up straighter.