All the Fun

SAGE'S POV

I looked at myself in the mirror, brushing myself off before picking up my keys and going out to the open area. Avoiding Ben and Leo's gazes, I stepped into my shoes.

"Sage," Ben started.

"You're not going to another party, are you?" Leo asked.

"I have to go guys, I'll see you later or tomorrow." I left briskly. I'm fine. I know I am.

I walked across the street to Angel's dorm, knocking three times when I got there. Terry opened the door with a smile, it slightly distinguishing as her eyes landed on me. I tilted my head to the side.

"What?" She shook her head softly.

"Nothing. Sage is here," she called over her shoulder, moving so I could step inside. Angel emerged from the bathroom, eyes on his hands.

"Ready, love?" I took his hand in mine as he nodded stiffly. "Something wrong?" He looked at our entwined hands, shaking his head slowly. "You sure?" He met my eyes and smiled weakly.

"I'm sure." I would've believed him if it hadn't been for the expressions on Terry and Carlos' faces. I sighed deeply.

"What is it?" I slipped my hand out of Angel's and turned to his friends.

"Sage, let's just go," Angel spoke, tugging on my arm.

"Not until someone tells me what's going on." Terry glanced at Carlos who nodded, before she cleared her throat. Angel shook his head quickly and I frowned.

"Carlos and I think you've been drinking and partying a lot, and it's not good for Angel. He's—"

"Terry, stop," Angel pleaded behind me, voice just above a whisper.

"He's what, Terry?" I pushed her to continue.

"He's worri—"

"Terry, stop," Angel repeated, eyes welling up. I blinked, eyes on the door.

"Come on, Angel." I walked angrily down the corridor, shoving open the metal doors that lead outside as a warm, evening spring breeze hit us.

"Sage—" Angel began, but I turned to him abruptly.

"Is that true? You're worried about me? Like everyone else is?" He flinched at the sudden raise of my voice, taking a few steps back and quickly reaching up to wipe a tear that slipped from his eyes.

"Is that a bad thing? That I'm worrying about you?" He asked softly, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. I huffed.

"I'm being treated like a child, when I'm not, Angel. I can do whatever I want, just like you." Angel blinked, nodding gently, eyes on his fiddling fingers.

"You're right. We can do whatever we want, and I want to go back to my room." He turned on his heel and walked back to the door.

"No, Angel—" I tried to stop him but it only set him off.

"Get off of me, Sage! Go get drunk off your ass like you always do, and then show up at my door, like you always do. Tell me how much you love me, like you always do. Then don't remember shit tomorrow. Like you always do. I'll pass on joining in on all the fun," he snapped, wriggling out of my grip and leaving me there, speechless.

I warily turned, heading to Paulie's party. When I arrived, everything was in full swing.

I started for the kitchen, grabbing a beer and downing it. I grabbed another and did the same, continuing until I was stumbling. Moving towards the music, I swayed around loosely on my own.

Suddenly, someone's hands were on my waist and I spun around, only to find Paulie standing there in front of me. I laughed.

"Dude, you scared the shit out of me," I said between hiccups. He smiled.

"Sorry," he muttered, but I only knew what he'd said because I read his lips, otherwise, the music was far too loud. I waved it off, just about to go back to dancing when he grabbed my hand. I frowned.

"What are you doing?" Trying to pull my hand away, he just gripped it harder and I winced. "Ow. Paulie, let go." I just wanted to go back to dancing.

The devilish smile on his face made me uneasy as he took a step closer. I tried to step back, but the crowd was so full, I could barely move. I was trapped.

"Paulie—" He cut me off with a finger to my lips, shushing me. I was getting dizzy now, my vision blurrier. The buzz was definitely kicking in a lot now. Paulie snuck his arm around my waist, tugging me closer to his body, if that was possible. "P-Paulie, I... I have a b-boyfriend." I tried to say it firmly, but it just came out weak and slurred. He chuckled darkly in my ear.

"Oh, yeah. Where is little Angel then?" His lips brushed against my ear and I grimaced.

"Right here." Paulie spun around, now faced with my Angel. I didn't even get a chance to think, Angel's fist connecting with Paulie's jaw, hard, sending him to the floor. Angel grabbed me by the waist, ushering me out of the crowd that had all surrounded Paulie, mumbling their theories and shocks about the unexpected dispute. 

"You saved me," I said once we were out of the room. I wrapped my arms around Angel's waist, trying to kiss him, but he kept turning his head away. I pouted.

"You reek of booze. I can never get used to that smell." I giggled drunkenly, letting him guide me down the hall and out of the building. He walked me back to my apartment, passing by Ben and Leo on the couch, staring at the all too familiar sight of Angel leading my drunk and tired body through the apartment.

"Jesus, Sage, what is wrong with you?" Ben snapped.

"I'm just having fun, Ben. Learn to have some fun." Ben clenched his jaw and Leo pulled him into his arms. Angel gave them an apologetic glance before helping me stumble the rest of the way to my room.

He removed my shirt first, then directed me to discard my pants, and I obeyed. I didn't have any underwear on underneath, and Angel's eyes widened before he turned away quickly.

"Fucking hell, Sage." He moved to my dresser and pulled out a pair of sweatpants for me.

"What? I only listened to what you—" I looked down, laughing when I realized I was completely naked in front of him for the first time. "Oh... Oops," I giggled. He threw the pants at me and I drunkenly tried to slide them on, but they got stuck. I huffed. "Angel," I whined. "They're stuck." He glanced down at my waist and bit the inside of his cheek.

"Sage, untie the strings." I did as told and fixed my pants, crawling into my bed. After tucking me in, Angel headed for the door and I frowned sadly.

"Angel?" He turned to me. "Stay with me?" He hesitated, and with a sigh he came back to me. I grinned, pleased, and watched as he removed his sweater and pants, now only in a white t-shirt and his boxers. He crawled beneath the covers beside me, turning away from me. I shuffled closer to him and wrapped my arm around his waist. He leaned into my touch, sighing as I rested my chin on the crook of his neck.

"I love you," I mumbled. It was quiet for a moment.

"I love you, too." That was the last thing I heard before I drifted off into sleep.