Better

ANGEL'S POV

"What?" Sage asked when I'd answered, his eyes wide and full of doubt. I exhaled sharply, lips curling up.

"Yes, Sage. Yes, I will marry you," I repeated, and he grinned, lunging in for a kiss. I laughed softly against his lips, carding my fingers through his hair.

When we parted, I rested my forehead against his, eyes fluttering shut.

"Happy one year," he said softly. My eyes snapped open and I scanned his face.

"You remembered." He tutted.

"Of course I did." We kissed again and again... and again.

He eagerly slid the ring onto my finger, and I grinned as he did so.

"You want to marry me." The way he worded it hit me right in the chest and I stared at his eyes, nodding softly.

"I want to marry you." He bit his lip, just barely containing his smile.

"We're getting married," he whispered. I grinned.

"We're getting married." He took me by surprise, tackling me onto the bed while peppering kisses all over. I was in the midst of laughing when Ben and Leo burst into the room, eyes wide and a bit frantic.

Sage and I sat up, relaxing a bit before he spoke.

"What's wrong with you guys?"

"Well... we heard laughing, so we thought one of you killed the other," Leo stated. I frowned.

"Why would we...? Never mind," I said, toying with Sage's hair.

"So... what's going on?" Ben inquired, inching towards us with Leo clinging to his arm. Sage and I met each other's eyes, exchanging a nod of confirmation before turning back to our friends.

"We're engaged," we answered simultaneously. Ben and Leo's eyes widened simultaneously and the questions were immediate.

"What?"

"Since when?"

"When's the wedding?"

"Who asked who?"

"What's the ring look like?"

I showed them the ring, and they marveled over it for a moment while Sage continued to press gentle kisses to my cheeks. I giggled, trying to push him away, to no avail.

Ben and Leo congratulated us and let us know they were happy we were returning to normalcy.

When they left the room, Sage jumped back on top of me, kissing me everywhere again.

"Sage," I whined with a smile, and he just laughed softly.

"What? I just love this face," he said, kissing me more. I laughed, until suddenly, he stopped, staring down at me.

"What?"

"I just realized that I haven't kissed you in two whole weeks." My lips parted as I realized that he was right.

"Oh... you're right," I murmured, tracing his jaw with my finger. He relaxed into my touch, scanning my face.

"I have to make up for everything that I missed," he mumbled, toying with the sweatshirt I had on. I sighed and gently took his jaw into my grasp, pulling him down into my lips. He hummed into my kiss and I ran my fingers through his hair, wrapping my legs around his waist. He gripped my thighs, pulling me closer.

"I missed you," I mumbled against his lips, and he smiled into the kiss, tugging on my bottom lip gently with his teeth. I obeyed without hesitance, and gripped the front of his shirt as our tongues collided slowly.