Panic

ANGEL'S POV

"Angel, I forgot to tell you. Sage was here about an hour or two ago looking for you," Carlos spoke. I shot up from my bed where I was laying.

"What? He what?" I asked frantically. Terry giggled.

"He was looking for you."

"What did you tell him? Wait, what did he say?"

"He asked if you were here, I said no. He just wanted me to let you know he stopped by. Then he left. It was two minutes."

"Why would he be looking for me? I mean, these past two weeks, I've been trying to see him, and his friends kept making up excuses as to why I couldn't. And now he wants to see me?" My mind was awry.

With my thoughts racing, I huffed, tugging on my shoes and leaving the room abruptly. I was in such a rush that I didn't even think to put a coat on.

Outside, I was on an aimless walk. I somehow ended up in town, stopping when I saw an antique store. The items inside were a blur around me, my attention elsewhere.

I left the store and walked until I came across a bench. I sat down with a sigh, taking in my surroundings. A tap on my shoulder brought my attention up to Jonah, a classmate of mine.

"Hey, Jonah." I moved over to let him sit and he waved softly.

"Hey, I saw you walking. I just wanted to say hi and invite you to my birthday party in a few weeks." I smiled softly.

"Your birthday? How old are you turning?"

"Twenty-one." He was barely containing his grin and I laughed softly.

"That's exciting. I'll be there," I promised. He stood.

"Oh, and you can have Terry and Carlos come, too. I know you guys are kind of a package deal," he added, and I laughed.

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you around, Jonah." He smiled and bid me goodbye before continuing down the sidewalk.

I sat on that bench for a while, only thing on my mind being Sage, Sage, Sage. I stared blankly at the trees around me for hours, until the sun set and the air grew cooler. With no destination in place, I started on my walk again, soon pulled from my thoughts by the vibrating of my phone in my pocket. I pulled it out to see Terry's name lighting up my phone. I turned off my ringer and stuffed the phone back in my pocket. Carlos called only moments after, yet I couldn't bring myself to answer. I needed space.

Instead, I thought about Sage. Indescribable couldn't begin to word the conflict I was at. On one hand, I felt like I was falling in love. On the other, I couldn't help but doubt that he felt that way.

But then, what about the pancake mix? No, that didn't mean anything. My head and my heart seemed to be in this never ending argument, my heart using emotion and my head using reason. It gave me a headache.

Growing frustrated with the incessant calls Carlos and Terry began to give, I shut my phone off completely.

I found myself heading towards the football field, the stadium lights shining on the field smoothly like frosting. I wandered to the center and let myself lower to the ground, mind scattered.

SAGE'S POV

"So... You guys are like, a thing?" I echoed Ben's words, attempting to wrap my mind around them as I looked between my roommates, Leo's face red as a tomato. They had just gone over how they had been slowly developing feelings for each other, until it escalated to... this. Whatever this was.