the first kick

liked by shawnmendes, imogenvoss, mendesupdates 4,783 more

samaracavelli home in miami and let me tell ya, I'm missin my beach body

aaliyahmende.s you look HOT

mendesupdates still don't get how or why she's friends with shawn

sydneykidd still no answer on who the baby daddy is

samaracavelli quite frankly, it's none of your business.

view all 322 comments

Toronto was putting an immense amount of stress on me and Karen said that was bad for both the baby and I, so I flew back home to Miami for a few days. Things felt awkward between Shawn and I ever since we left his parents house and I couldn't tell why.

Shawn was supposed to be flying in within the next couple of days for our first appointment together and our moms wanted to throw us a gender reveal party. I was trying to look at the beautiful side of pregnancy, but with things being awkward between Shawn and I, it was hard.

At this point, being away from him was starting to suck. I missed him and I don't know if it's because maybe the baby could sense that we weren't near him or what, but all I know is that every second I was away from him, I wanted to be with him.

Imogen went ahead and flew with me back to Miami while we waited for everything and so I could start looking for my own place. I didn't want to bring a whole new child into my parents' no matter how much they wanted me to stay so they could help. It's just too big of an adjustment for them to go through again.

I was officially 5 months pregnant and it was starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I was definitely starting to feel shortness of breather quicker than I ever have in my life. My lower back was constantly hurting in the most uncomfortable way. I couldn't even find a comfortable position to sleep in anymore and that's what bothered me the most.

Shawn was always texting me to check up on me but the conversation was left at that. I just wanted to talk to him about everything. How I was feeling, how much everything was starting to hurt, I just wanted him here.

It's insane what these hormones were doing to me.

"Any luck on the apartment, dear?" My mom asked when Imogen and I walked back into the house.

"Nothing." I set my bag down on the counter and took a seat at the kitchen table, watching as my mom cut up some vegetables.

"You could always stay here." She said and I shook my head.

"This is a grown up thing, so I need to be a grown up and finally move out, momma." I replied.

"So, Shawn's parents are gonna be coming down tomorrow and they're gonna stay in the guest house and then I guess he's coming down with his sister and friends on Friday. Karen and I just wanna start getting stuff for the party." My mom said as she came and sat next to me at the table.