for you

liked by samaracavelli, arianagrande, andrewgertler and 6,021,991 others

shawnmendes Señorita out now.. Samara and I put our heart and souls into this project. Hope you enjoy(:

samaracavelli the bestest friend

arianagrande is it not in here or is it just you guys?

view all 184,021 comments

liked by shawnmendes, arianagrande, ShawnAccess and 4,029,011 others

samaracavelli Can't thank you enough for encouraging me to take this leap. Señorita out now. Love you to the moon and back.

shawnmendes Can we get back together now?

shawnmendes I love you to the end of the galaxy and back

shawnandsamara what do you mean BACK together omg we looking like clowns out here thinking y'all have been together this whole time🤡

view all 91,028 comments

The idea to put out a song together really came out of no where. Once I had my mind made up about making something of myself, there was no changing it.

I thought a million times a day if I was making the right choice in doing this, but like I said: my mind was made up.

After performing with Ariana, a small career of mine was starting to form. It felt surreal but it was exactly what I wanted. I knew Andrew would never see this coming. I knew I was going to get bigger than he ever thought I would and I knew he'd fear me one day.

That was the endgame.

Immediately after returning to Toronto, Shawn was thrilled at the fact that I had actually gotten on stage. I felt great. I felt empowered. I didn't feel hopeless anymore. The same night I got home, we wrote our own song. A song kind of based around us, but more so just for fun.

To add the cherry on top, Shawn and I had gotten back together. 

The music video we filmed was intense and we weren't even together at that point. We were really aiming to get under Andrew's skin. He had no idea this single and music video was coming and we were just going to spring it onto everyone when they least expected it.