the final show

liked by sydneykidd, shawnmendes, imogenvoss and 4,389,291 others

samaracavelli  Miami. 1st night in my hometown was more than I could ask for. I love you all so much. Round 2 tonight and just over 10,000 of you are coming. I cannot breathe. Thank you.

shawnmendes   Proud is an understatement. You did that!!!

arianagrande   go best friend that's my best friend

view all 52,903 comments

Night one of Miami was amazing. I didn't think I had it in me. Night two I was more nervous about. It was the last show of the entire tour which meant I had to make it big and special. On top of that it was a hometown show, which meant it needed to be extra big and special. We even upgraded to a bigger venue for the second night because it sold out so quickly and it was the final show. I was biiiiig scared. The thought of performing to 10,000 people absolutely terrified me.

I agreed to let Shawn come and sing 'señorita' with me and I invited Ariana to come out for 'double sided' as well. Reed and I had been working on a song while we were stuck in the tour bus for endless hours, so he was gonna perform it with me, too. I really don't think I can make it much bigger or special than that. 

What made me the most nervous was that I had seen a lot of people I went to high school with say they were going to the show. I don't know why that made me so nervous, it just did. I was always so eager to be popular and friends with everyone in high school, I wanted to be cool just like Jay was. It sounds so silly now.

Obviously, I was twenty one now and an adult so I don't know why I was so concerned about this petty high school stuff.

I don't know why I even dug myself that hole. I made the dumb mistake of going to Jay's twitter to see if he was going and to my luck he was. Then I dug myself a deeper hole and went through many people's twitter of whom I went to school with and found out just how many people were going.

It was more frustrating that they weren't going because they were genuinely interested in my music, they were coming because:

1. "Wow, I went to high school with this girl and now she's famous"

2. "Wow, I went to high school with this girl and now she's friends with Ariana Grande and Shawn Mendes"

3. "Wow, I went to high school with this girl and now she has a kid with Shawn Mendes"

4. "Let me use the fact that I've known her since high school for clout even though I haven't talked to her since graduation."

Literally the stupidest reasons. The people I went to high school with were assholes. I hoped I'd never see them after graduation, yet here we were. I figured by now they'd grow up, but clearly they're still stuck in high school.