when two worlds collide

BREAKING: Singer/Songwriter and current girlfriend of David Dobrik, Samara Cavelli, has been hospitalized following a fatal car accident in Los Angeles this evening

BREAKING: Singer/Songwriter and current girlfriend of David Dobrik, Samara Cavelli, has been hospitalized following a fatal car accident in Los Angeles this evening. The accident happened 15 minutes north of Santa Monica at about 9pm. The driver of the other vehicle was reported dead and under the influence on arrival. Cavelli was found unresponsive and taken into surgery immediately after arriving to the hospital. She remains in critical condition.

•••••••••••••••

s h a w n ' s p o v 

"Ready to see Nana and Papa?" I said to Kora as I got her out of my car. 

My parents were already waiting at my apartment while I was out with Samara. They wanted to see her, but I know she wouldn't want to visit them. Well, she would, but it'd probably be hard for her. 

Kora was getting sleepy since we had a pretty long and eventful day and her little body could only handle so much. It's crazy how much she had grown in what felt like the shortest amount of time. I think me not seeing her for long periods of time had something to do with it.

At least now, Samara and I both lived in LA, so things could change. 

My mom and dad were already making their way to the door when I walked in, probably after hearing the lock turning. They hadn't seen Kora in a long while, so they were excited to see her. My dad almost immediately took her from my arms, showering her in kisses. 

It warmed my heart to see them like this with her. 

"Is Aaliyah coming after school tomorrow?" I asked my mom as we all sat in the living room. 

Kora and my dad were both passed out in the recliner at this point. Neither of them could hang.

"She's leaving a little early to make her flight, but she'll be here." My mom nodded, "She's excited to see Kora."

"Samara has a pop up show this weekend, I was thinking we could all go. Surprise her, maybe." I said.

"She's doing music again?" 

"Yeah, but it's supposed to be a surprise. Don't tell her I told you." I smiled a little.

"How is that whole situation?" She asked.

"She's happily with David. She made that clear." I sighed. "I'm happy for her... as long as she's happy."

"And Camila?"

"Also happy." I said. "Those few months where we actually dated, I kind of knew it wouldn't last. It just didn't feel right. I'm convinced things will only feel right with Samara." 

"Well, some things don't work out. Camila is really the only girl you've had the freedom of seeing. Maybe you'll meet someone once it's over and it'll change everything." She smiled and put her hand on my cheek.