brand new

liked by shawnmendes, auroracavelli, babymendes and 1,809,924 others

samaracavelli    I feel very vulnerable posting this picture but I'm doing it anyways because I don't want anyone to ever feel the way I did after delivery. Kora is now 9 days old and I'm still very swollen. My doctor had said it's partly from everything that had happened during labor and after. My body is healing and doing its thing and I couldn't be happier. Sure I have stretch marks and Im still a lil swollen but I also have a beautiful healthy daughter and everything I've been through is all worth it.

shawnmendes   I love you

shawnmendes   You're the most beautiful human being in the world

view all 12,125 comments

After being home for three days and basically doing nothing but celebrating the new life of Kora, things finally began setting in. Both my mom and Shawn's had been staying with us to kind of show us the ropes of taking care of a newborn. 

It was great having them here to help out and teach us a lot about being new parents and helping us feel better by sharing their own stories about when they had first had us. They made it feel easy to relate too and that was something I appreciated. 

Sadly, my mom and dad were now leaving back to Miami and Karen had to return to work as well so it was just Shawn and I now.

Shawn had been so helpful and honestly perfect throughout the past week and a half and the way I saw it was that I couldn't imagine not having him and his family around.

Being a new parent was extremely hard with both of us and I couldn't imagine being in Miami, alone, without Shawn. 

"You know what I was thinking? How weird it would be if we weren't together right now. If I was home and if you never knew about Kora." I said to Shawn. 

I was sitting on the couch, looking at Shawn who was holding a tiny little bean named Kora in his literal giant arms. It was something that didn't take long for me to grow to love. Seeing him be the sweetest being around Kora was my favorite thing in the world. 

"I don't want to imagine that." He said, his fingers brushing up and down against Kora's small back.

"I'm glad I got over myself." I laughed lightly and rested my head on the couch. 

"I know right." Shawn said in a playful manner. "Now I have the cutest daughter in the world and the most beautiful girlfriend."

"What."

"What?" 

"You just called me your girlfriend." I said.

"That's... what you are?" He said but it was more of a question.

"You've never called me that before, awww." I stood up and walked towards him, placing a soft kiss on his lips. 

"Oh, wow." He stood up and walked into our room to put her into her bassinet.