begin again

liked by shawnmendes, andrewgertler, republicrecords and 4,902,100 others

samaracavelli   MIAMI!!! I cannot BREATHE. You were an absolute dream. 10,000 of you absolutely took my breathe away and showered me with enough love to last me ten lifetimes. Hometown is always the best town. I love u. I'll see u so so soon.

shawnmendes   IM SO PROUD

arianagrande   an absolute pleasure to be with you last night

camila_cabello    such a great show! thanks for having me(: Miami girls do it best!!

view all 45,398 comments

The next morning, waking up at my moms was a bit surreal. I can't believe last year I was pregnant with Kora, laying in this same bed, wondering how I ended up pregnant with Shawn's kid. 

I quite literally thought it was the end of the world for me. It's still somehow miraculous that these things worked out the way they did. It still doesn't seem real.

Imagine if I never went to Toronto to tell Imogen that I was pregnant. Or if I never ran into Shawn when I did. Imagine if he never knew that I was pregnant. Or imagine if we did end up bumping into each other, he didn't give a shit that Kora was his, or he just didn't believe me.

When I think about how different my life could be now, it's hard. If I would have done one thing differently, nothing would be the same.

Shawn was still soundly asleep so I admired him momentarily before kissing his head and then crawling out of bed to head downstairs. Just as I suspected, my mom had Kora in her lap as she fed her some baby food from a jar. 

"Morning," I said as I made my way to the fridge. 

"Morning," She replied. She barely paid me any attention because she was so focused on my daughter. 

I always remembered my mom giving Imogen and I the talk in high school about if we ever became pregnant or teen moms, and how they'd force us to move out and live on our own if we wanted to act like adults blah blah blah.