Chapter 14: Devote

"We'll be there in like 40 minutes."

"40?! Coen, your house is like 7 minutes from mine." I smirked, his hand flying over my lips to stop me from laughing at Blair's voice. "There's traffic, and we made a detour. We'll get food after we get Alex so stop—" Coen cut off his sentence with a glare at my right hand that was currently sliding over his thigh toward the zipper of his jeans.

His ears grew red, fingers ran over his brow, and a smile played on his lips. "Wait, Alex is coming?" Blair asked. A shyness in her voice. I took this opportunity to lean across, my lips delicately landing on his neck. I teased him just enough to urge him off the phone. Where we had been parked was empty, but if he didn't stop talking soon, it wouldn't be.

"Yeah..." Coen trailed off, his eyes widening in excitement. "Does someone have a little crush?"

"I don't have a crush! I just think he's pretty to look at, funny, and really smart... I don't have a crush!" 

I pulled his pants down, grabbing the last condom from the box in my glove compartment.  I pulled at his jeans, yanking them down his thighs. He quickly began helping the pursuit of getting naked as I took the phone from his hands. "Blair, we have to talk to a cop so I'm gonna hang up okay, see you soon!" Before I could wait to hear what, she had to say, I ended the phone call.

"We're gonna need more." Coen took the condom from my hands, tearing open the wrapper. He connected our lips with a passionate kiss before pulling away to examine my face with a smile. "What?" I asked, getting nervous beneath his gaze. "You're so fucking beautiful. Come here."

Beep!

I pressed the horn and waited for Blair to make her unsteady walk to the car. Alex opened the back door for her, scooting over to the middle with Kenji on his left. Blair sat down, giving an awkward hello to everyone before placing her attention on Coen. "What the hell were you guys doing that made you take so long?"

Coen's eyes landed on my thighs and he blushed as he frantically thought of a lie. "I told you, there was a detour!"

"Well while the two of you argue over traffic, can we go to Walmart before we get food? I need to pick up a new game controller." Kenji asked, taking the hanging aux cord into his hands. "To Walmart, we go."

I started the drive, enjoying the playlist Kenji put on. My mood soured a little once it started to snow. I loved the snow, but I absolutely hated it when I had to drive. With the speed at which it was coming down, Coen would soon have to take over. We made it to the store, pulling quickly into a parking spot close to the front before the line of cars behind me could get it.

And with the sounds of our squeaky shoes against the tiled floor, Kenji led us on an expedition toward the electronics section. An expedition in which the lead explorer was indeed lost and had everyone wandering aimlessly for 10 minutes.

"Well while you guys find it, I'm gonna make a little detour." I glanced at Coen, hoping he'd get my silent message. He did. "Oh, I'll come too! I can't stand wandering around here like I'm lost with these fools."

"Just meet us up at the checkout when you're done." Kenji spoke, eyeing the two of us before shrugging and walking away with Blair and Alex trailing behind deep in conversation. Coen and I leisurely made our way through the store eventually landing where I intended.

Coen walked down the aisle, chuckling once he saw them. "Shall we go ribbed or flavored? Ooh, glow in the dark?" I picked up various boxes much to Coen's enjoyment. He grabbed the bareskin box from my hands, leaning down to peck my lips. "I think these will do just fine. Let's hope the cashier doesn't side-eye me."