E P I L O U G E

Two months had passed since Coen and I donned our cap and gowns for the second time. This time, marking the culmination of our college journey.

Now the living room of the cozy lake house became a canvas for us to dawn our accomplishments. I carefully hung the tassels of my and Coen's graduation caps on the wall, alongside our framed degrees. The late night tear-filled study session were worth it.

As I meticulously arranged the wall decor, I stole cheeky glances at Coen, who was busy arranging furniture and throwing pillows at a very unhelpful guest.

His commitment to helping Coen and I unpack seemed to have taken a detour into dreamland. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of him, curled up on the couch, seemingly undisturbed by the organized chaos around him.

"Kenji." I whispered, attempting to wake him. No response.

We were here. The lake house, with its picturesque view and memories waiting to be made. And the first memory would be Coen snaking Kenji across the face with a pillow.

Kenji shot awake; his eyes wide with surprise. "I'm up!" he shouted, rising to his feet. Coen and I burst into laughter and Kenji rolled his eyes, rubbing the slumber away from his face. "I hate both of you." Coen ruffled his hair. "We love you too. "

Dominic, with the uncanny ability to sense when food was needed, arrived just in time with bags in his hands. "I brought Chinese!" He called out, rushing toward the kitchen island. He placed down the bags, shuffling through one in particular until he pulled out what he was looking for. The slender bottle emerged from the bag, and he held it up in triumph. "And champagne!"

Wesley opened various cabinets, finding the glasses that he had just put away. He places them on the countertop, just as Dominic pops open the bottle. Bubbles overflowed the brim, and he quickly fills each glass with the celebratory liquid.

As the gLasses make their rounds, Nova's remains sitting conspicuously on the counter. My curiosity pitted, and I lean in, my eyes silently questioning her.

A mischievous smile played on Nova's lips as she simply uttered, "period things."

The room erupted in confused laughter, but I quickly caught the deeper meaning behind the words. In an instant, my eyes widened with realization.

Holy shit. Nova is pregnant.

My heart swells with joy as a smile spread across her face. My body moves on its on into a celebratory dance, and I quickly link our arms together, jumping up and down in glee. "You're pregnant?! Holy shit! I'm gonna be an Auntie!"

Wes, grinning from ear to ear, joined in the celebration, his arms wrapping around the both of us. I quickly returned his hug, kissing his forehead. "Wesley... I'm so happy for you." I tried to hold back the tears but once Wesley began to cry, it became no use.

"I would've never expected it. It wasn't planned but I couldn't be any happier." He spoke in a soft whisper to me. I wipe the tear from his cheek, a genuine smile on my lips. "You're going to be such a good dad."

The champagne glasses may have been raised for a different reason initially, but now they held a double meaning – a toast not just to friendship and good times but to the impending arrival of a new life. The door swings open and a rush of cold air sweeps the floor. Blair, Alex, and Joey—with their cheeks flushed pink—excitedly enter the house.

"It's snowing!" Blair announced. It's the first snow of the year.

Coen and I exchange gleeful glances, and the group wastes no time. We quickly put on our shoes, abandoning the warmth of the house to immerse ourselves in the white snowfall.