Chapter 15: Irrevocable

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello, this is a trigger warning. This chapter discusses topics of suicide, guns, depression, and overall is very emotional. If this is not something you wish to read , by all means click the comment at the very end for a non triggering summary of this chapter. If you are ever in need of help, the National Suicide Hotline number is 1-800-273-8255. Be safe, and remember you are loved. And if you can't think of anyone who loves you, I'm one of them 🤍

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I shut my locker closed and was greeted by the curious face of Malik. I jumped in fear, taking a step back with an annoyed scowl on my face. "Are you hooking up with Coen?" He smacked the popcorn snack he was eating. Some white cheddar crumbs falling down the sides of his face.

I was sure my face had contorted into some ugly twisted look of confusion and disgust. I strolled down the hallway towards my class, and he soon followed.

"I don't understand why that's any of your business?" He took in my facial expression, quickly wiping his hands free of the powder. "I-I didn't mean it like that Ren. I'm just curious..."

"What makes you think we are?" I stopped walking, my classroom door a couple feet away from our stance in the hallway. His hand rose to my chin, lifting slightly so I could look into his eyes.

"Because you give him those same lustful looks you used to give me," He chuckled before speaking again "Well apparently you still give me based on how you're glaring into my soul right now." He was right, as much as I did not want to admit it. I was insanely attracted to him, and he knew it.

I pushed his chest, a playful smirk on my face. "Move. You're annoying." He chuckled, taking a step back. "Look," he became serious again.

"We've been broken up for months. I don't really care—well," He squinted his eyes. "I do care. But that's because I'm still protective over you and I always will be. The breakup was rough, I fucked up. And I guess a part of growing up and maturing is realizing your wrongs... I'm rambling, I-I guess I just want you to know that McCallister is a good dude and I like him for you."

I nodded in understanding.

"I really want to be friends Serenity. Deadass."

"With no strings attached?" I asked. My eyebrow raising in question. I knew Malik too well. He was a jokester and he definitely liked to play around too much.

"No strings attached... I mean if you ever want a booty call at—no strings attached. My bad." He put his hand over his heart.

"You're stupid. I'll think about it okay?" I giggled, sending him a soft smile before turning away and walking into class. Was this even a good idea? Probably not.

"Where's Coen?" I sat down at the lunch table and asked Dominic. It had been three days since that night he bled in my kitchen. He had been hanging out with his mom and setting up a therapy appointment. I had expected him to be back at school today, but he wasn't. Nor was he responding to my text messages which had me worried.

Dominic took his headphones off from under his yellow hood, placing them on the table. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "He's sick, I think. I don't know. We were on video chat last night and then he and his dad got into an argument, so he hung up and the only text he sent me was him saying he's staying home sick."