Chapter 10

"What the fuck was that?" Marie said sitting at the bottom of the steps. She meant to say it in her head but that dream really had her fucked up. The Dark Tanner had a Name? It started with an R. It's not like she had Tanner's birth certificate so she would have to find out on the internet or something like that. No, she didn't have to do all that. She just needed to calm down it was just a stupid dream.

Yea a dream. A really weird dream.

Tanner was pacing back and forth in his room before he walked down. He was worried about how he had somehow he had found a way to talk to Marie. Maybe Marie was a figment of his imagination and somehow he had conjured up his own Marie.

'No, that was me and her actually having a conversation. It's like a spiritual meeting and her spirit decided to talk to me only. When she decides she wants to talk to both of us that way then her spirit will allow us to both see her.'

'You are saying it like her and her soul have separate being.'

'Maybe her spirit likes to roam while she's sleeping like Spongebob.'

'Is that even possible?'

'Possibly, when I saw her and how she stared at me. It wasn't fear it was curiosity and I wanted to explore her as well.'

'In due time brother...'

Tanner finally walked out of the room and down the steps to find Marie staring into space. Her face looked spooked like she had seen a ghost. Before he could even take a step towards her Truman had stopped him.

"Sir, may I borrow you for a second," Truman said Tanner nodded and followed Truman. Truman pushed Tanner's hair aside and pulled out a flashlight and went across his eyes Tanner sighed he knew what Truman had to do.

Truman watched as Tanner turned into him and as is pupils went huge.

"What is it, Truman?" He spoke.

"Randall, you know I have to see how you are once a week. Even during that time you and Tanner stayed at Marie's apartment." Truman said.

"I'm okay," Randall said.

"You've been coming out more since Marie has been around more," Truman said. "She is the only human you would want to talk to?"

"Aren't we both human?" Randall retorted.

"Smart ass still I see," Truman said.

"Tanner is scared that she'll run," Randall said. "I told him we will be sure that doesn't happen."

"I'm glad that you two haven't turned into Rainer."

"We would both have to be angry at the same time and have the same target and you know that Truman," Randall said.

"When Tanner gets emotionally upset that's when you tend to take over and do some things. Like when You and Tanner brought her here I could tell that wasn't Tanner in that moment. He took the blame for you yelling at her causing her to stay in her room. I see why he is cautious of you two officially meeting." Truman said.

"She ran from us, it was time for to come home," Randall said.

"You scared her friend too," Truman said. "I remember overhearing a conversation with her friend Villa. Villa saw you that night Randall when Tanner found out Marie had left you couldn't bear it." Truman said.

"We can't live without her, Truman," Randall said.

"Maybe, I can convince Tanner to finally let you two meet because if you want her you have to learn how to be rational. Tanner knows because he has to act normal around people he runs a business but you Randall have always been in the background. I want her to stay around too so if you don't want to scare her off learn how to act like you've got some sense."