Chapter 21

When they walked in the house Randall and Tanner heard music coming from upstairs. They looked at each other before they followed the sound. Their clothing was drenched with his blood. It looked like Randall had the most fun seeing the blood splatter on his face.

"We look like psychopaths," Tanner said. "Like we stepped from a horror movie scene."

"Well, I say we look like handsome Lifetime psychopaths then," Randall said. "If you are going to put us in a category at least put us in that one."

"Well, I'm sorry I didn't know we could be choosey on a type," Tanner said.

"Let's hurry and clean ourselves," Randall said taking off his jacket. "Someone clean this up, please." Addressing the blood-drenched clothing. One of the maids took it off his hands and he proceeded to walk upstairs. Tanner stopped him.

"Hold on, you know they can feel when someone is coming," Tanner said. "There is a shower downstairs we can use."

"Fine," Randall said reluctantly.

"Problem?" Tanner noticed his frustration.

"Does it matter at this point?" Randall said snapping at him a little bit. Tanner readjusted his stance and so did Randall. They both challenged each other at that point.

"We got the job done didn't we?" Tanner said.

"Not in my eyes and you know that!" Randall said.

"You wanted to kill the man," Tanner said. "I wanted to break his spirit and that's worse."

"He beat our Goddess into a coma," Randall said. "I don't believe he should be able to breathe."

"We just can't take anyone's life,"

"We didn't just beat some random person though Tanner!" Randall said.

"I don't believe Marie would want us to take someone's life," Tanner said. "We broke his spirit."

"His spirit wasn't enough for me," Randall said and proceeded to walk away.

"You think that our Goddess wants bloodshed? Remember what she said when she first denied us? She didn't like attention and murdering someone because they hurt her would cause some attention." Tanner said. "Breaking a spirit is way worse than taking a life."

"I'm still not seeing your point brother," Randall said still walking away.

"What's the point of taking a life when they aren't fighting you for what they love?" Tanner said. "It's a waste of time." He said finally catching up to Randall. "He broke her spirit to love and we did the same to him. WE DID THE DAMN JOB."

"What are you two arguing about?" Truman appeared behind him. Truman looked from Tanner to Randall. Randall looked more hostile than Tanner at the moment. "Where is he?"

"Still alive," Randall said.

"As he should be," Tanner said still looking at Randall.

"What was the objective?" Truman asked.

"To break his spirit," Tanner said.

"To take his life," Randall said. Truman stared at Randall. "You come out of a brain for a couple of weeks and you already want to take someone's life?"

"He hurt Marie! He literally had a gun pointed at her head!" Randall said. "You didn't see what I saw. The life literally draining from her eyes, her glow snatched from her body, fear took the form of her. When I left Marie she wasn't Marie. She was a scared woman who wanted to run. And anyone that takes Marie from me even for a second in the wrong way deserves to die."