Chapter 17

"How am I supposed to talk to you two at the same time if you want all of us to talk," Marie asked sitting at the table. Tanner sat next to her and Truman sat across to make sure things don't get out of hand.

"Well, you are probably thinking that my case of having split personalities is peculiar. A regular case is that I wouldn't remember anything that my other personality has said or done. Almost like he lives in an apartment and we just share the building. Instead of my brain thinking of that situation it's like I perceived him as an extension of my well being. There is no wall, no barrier unless we drown each other out, we are not just two spirits we are one. He named himself and very well knew his back story when we started talking to each other."

"How will I know if he's listening?" Marie said crossing her arms.

"How about I let him take control of a part of my body," Tanner said smiling.

"A part of your body?!" Marie asked. She watched as Tanner's right arm reacted weirdly and the rest of his body was relaxed. Tanner wasn't straining at all. The veins in the right arm protruded more. The arm acted as if it wasn't attached to a body.

"You see Marie, I'm left-handed," Tanner said. "So, he uses my right hand to write." Marie watched as Truman slid a piece of paper and pen toward his way. The hand caught it and started to write something down. It looked completely different from Tanner's handwriting.

She looked down at the paper.

'Can't wait for the rest of our lives with you, Marie.'

"Freaky..."

"Oh, we can get freakier if you want us to be," Tanner said and wiggled his eyebrows. Then she watched as Randall drew a face that had the same face Tanner was showing. She facepalmed herself.

Then Randall started to write again.

'How do you feel about all this? Is your mental state okay?'

"I've come to the conclusion that I'm not supposed to have a normal life. That this relationship is added to my story and the start of ours. It's going to take some adjustments and some getting used to but I believe I'll be okay." Marie said.

Tanner watched her intently.

"We never really got truly started," Tanner said. "Interruption after interruption. We made love and argued but never gave each other time to get adjusted. Well, I never gave us time to get adjusted. I rushed things and tried to make things move on my time but it's not my time anymore." Tanner said. "I thought I knew what slow was but those months you were gone I felt the pain of patience. I broke its rules obviously but— I-I-I know we can't live without you."

"That's what I wanted you to see," Marie said. "It's too late now, my stuff is here but that doesn't matter anymore. It's time to move on and forget about the past."

"I'm here to help along the way," Truman said. "I'll even call your mother and explain things."

"Thank you," Marie said. "Patience babies, time is not on the side of any man. We cherish it and moves how it wants us to move. Sometimes it'll feel slow and sometimes it'll feel fast. I'm going to get adjusted."

"Oh Marie," Tanner said. Randall started moving again.

'I hope we satisfy you.' Then she saw a drop of water it the paper and she looked at Tanner. His right eye had a huge pupil and a tear.

"He's ecstatic," Tanner said. "And so am I." Marie got up and stood over him and he looked up at her. Then she placed a kiss on his forehead and he stood up and grabbed her hand. She pulled him in for a hugged and felt as tears drop on her forehead. She was fixing them.