Chapter 19

Marie woke up alone in the bed she now shared with two men. She turned over and stared at the ceiling...when exactly did a mirror exist on the ceiling? Ahh, who cares. She felt at peace right now in the place she was in. It's almost like Tanner and Randall made it that way. She's been living in this paradise. She sat up and stretched her nerves felt more relaxed. What was happening to her was that she was finally coming to some type of happiness.

Perhaps she never handled all the other issues well because she hadn't gotten over the first one.

Father Issues

No reason to call him Dad he abandoned that.

Yet, Tanner and Randall were making her forget all that.

"Something's on her mind," Tanner said. "We've been standing here for three minutes."

"She's gone in her head it's weird seeing her do it. Maybe this is how she felt when we did it." Randall said. "Damn, and even so she looks so beautiful."

"I hate that I have to work today," Tanner said. "She's calmed down a lot since you've gotten your body. I think she feels calmer with us and she's been handling everything very well. I feel bad for how crazy we acted with her."

"I feel the same," Randall said

They both sighed at the same time.

"We were assholes." They said at the same time.

"Sorry about earlier," Tanner said to Randall.

"I understand you just wanted to be as close to her as possible," Randall said. "She's so warm, soft, and she radiates so much life. She's been through a lot that's why she's irritable sometimes. She complains because she hasn't truly dealt with the first problem."

"You've analyzed her that much."

"Since the beginning."

Marie still in her head was reminiscing for once not letting the haunting memories of her father. She remembered the pain she endured with that man and the final pain was seeing him leave. The fact that he couldn't change for them or try to hurt her. But there was nothing she could do about that now. Then she felt a hand grab hers she looked over to see to concerned eyes looking at her. Of course, it was her Golden Boys looking at her in admiration. Randall was the one that held her hand and Tanner was the one that sat at her feet.

"Good-morning," Randall said. "How do you feel?"

"I'm great," Marie said. "How about you two?"

"Never better," Tanner said.

"You were in your head, we've been standing here for six minutes," Randall said. "Something bothers you?"

"No, just thinking that's all," Marie said and smiled to herself.

"The first smile of the day," Tanner said and walked around to the other side of her and grabbed her other hand. At the same time, he and Randall kissed her hand. Marie was living in some type of dream. In her heart it finally came to a point she felt she can trust her significant other.

She trusted people she did her mother, Villa, and Truman. She never really trusted her significant others. She shut down on Xavier and after the first slap, she never told Ang her secrets.

"You're in your head again," Randall said this time appearing beside her in the bed. Tanner on her left and Randall on her right. Curiosity beaming through their eyes. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine, I promise," Marie said when she got a peck on the check from both of them and in return she kissed them on their cheeks.

"Listen, I have to go to work today," Tanner said. "Be careful if you go out today and have a productive day at the store. And if you could please help find Randall a passion he could be good at?"