Chapter 26

"You know Xavier," Trudy said placing her foot on his neck. "I've been waiting for years to do this after the time you cheated on my baby." She had somehow snuck in the office or maybe Tanner gave her pre-clearance. Who knows, who cares, she finally got to whoop his ass. She looked outside the window that was in Xavier's office. "You've got a nice view here maybe your eyes should be looking out this window instead of on my baby. Aren't you supposed to get married?"

"Come on now Ms. Trudy," Xavier croaked. "Do you approve of them?"

"I approve of her happiness with him," Trudy said. "You need to move on or I can't protect you from what they'll do."

"I'm not afraid of some white dude," Xavier said lifting but her foot just added more pressure.

"You haven't seen what I have seen," Trudy said. "They fucked Ang up pretty good. Wasn't that your college best friend?"

"Fuck him," Xavier said. "He went with Marie after I did."

"They will do the same to you," Trudy said. "They see you and him in the same boat. Just two men that hurt Marie physically and mentally."

"I never-" Xavier stiffed. "Wait, Ang beat Marie!?"

"Stay away from her," Trudy said. "You got that other girl now. She's happy with him and she doesn't have time for you." Xavier stayed quiet.

"I just wanted to show her I am a good guy," Xavier confessed. "That I'm not the cheater that she saw that day."

"If you love her like you say you do, let her go," Trudy said and lifted her foot off his neck. "Don't let me come back up her a second time. They don't even know I'm here at the moment."

Xavier just laid on the floor as she left.

Maybe he wasn't in love like he thought he was with her but that also meant that he wasn't as in love as he thought he was with Marcy. He didn't give her a chance in the beginning maybe he can try with her. It was like a veil was lifted from his eyes. He finally got off the floor and called Marcy.

"Hey honey," Marcy answered. "What's going on?"

"Honey," Xavier could hear her stiffen over the phone. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good," Marcy responded. "Just making it."

"You shouldn't be making it," Xavier said. "You should be living." Marcy and Xavier held silence for a minute. "I have a question, Marcy."

"I'm listening."

"Why did you suggest that Marie join our relationship?" Xavier asked. He heard her pause in breathing.

"To make you happy," Marcy said. "For years, you've looked at me and I could tell I wasn't enough just a reminder of your guilt."

"I'm sorry," Xavier said. "I'm so sorry." Xavier started to cry over the phone. "I'm sorry, I'm just a trash human being Marcy." Marcy held her hand over her mouth as she cried. She had never heard him so broken before today.

"What's wrong Xavier?" Marcy said with worry. "Why did you ask?"

"I'm done fawning over her," Xavier said. "I understand if you want to leave me too. I've been neglecting you. I've been no good."

"Xavier..." Marcy called his name over the phone. "Let's get some counseling done, Okay."

"Okay," Xavier said. "I'll do anything to make it up to you."

Villa woke up newer and newer every, Marie would text her now and then to check on her but she knew Marie understood what she was doing. He felt like she was ready to face her now. That she was better than she was from a few months ago.