imagine 21 - flirt

tonight you went with mary to see her boyfriend, freddie mercury, and his band play at a concert. you've never met freddie or any of the band but you know that he makes mary very happy.

you watch freddie sing 'killer queen', one of your favourite songs queen have made. he's a really good singer and you can't wait to meet him.

the drummer of the band, roger taylor, catches your eye. you have seen pictures of him in magazines but you never realised he was this good looking in real life.

you find yourself staring at him so you snap out of it. but it was hard because he just looked so gorgeous playing the drums with an unbuttoned shirt.

"jesus, y/n, guess you'll be talking to him after." mary laughs and you just scoff.

"what do you mean?"

"you know what i mean. you obviously like him."

"i've never even met him." you reply. she just shrugs and smiles.

when queen say bye to the audience, mary drags you backstage so you can finally meet the love of her life.

"freddie!" she shouts when you see him having a drink. he looks over and waves.

"come here, darling!" he shouts. you both go over to him and they hug and kiss each other. while they do that, you subtly look around for roger but you can't see him.

"fred, this is y/n. remember me talking about her?" mary asks him.

"i do. hello, y/n, dear."

"hi." you smile, putting your hand out for him shake but instead he pulls you into a hug.

"so where's the rest of the boys?" mary asks freddie.

"oh, they'll be here soon. after we can go for a drink."

"yeah, sure. y/n?" mary looks at you.

"yeah, that's great." you say. you see brian and john come over.

"hi, mary." brian says hugging her. "who's this?"

"i'm y/n." you tell them.

"my best friend." mary adds.

"i'm brian." he says. you shake his hand.

"and i'm john." john says, and you also shake his hand.

"nice to meet you both." you say.

"you, too." john smiles. freddie looks to the side of us.

"roger, there you are." freddie sighs. "what were you doing?"

"i was just talking to someone about something." he answers. his voice was amazing, just like you thought it would be.

"well, this is y/n." freddie informs him.

"hi, i'm roger." he says with a smirk.

"hi." you reply, not knowing what else to say.

after meeting everyone, you all go out for drinks at a bar just down the street.

you sit next to mary and john. roger sits across from you and you try your hardest to keep your eyes off him, but he mustn't be trying very hard because he hasn't stopped looking at you.

"do you want a drink?" he asks you.

"uh, yeah. okay." you answer. "thank you."

"come with me." he says, quieter. you get up and follow him. "what drink?"

"a.. vodka, please." you say. he asks for it and turns to you again.

"so.. do you have a boyfriend?"

"do you ask all the girls that?"

"when they're as pretty as you, then, yes i do." he chuckles.

"i don't have a boyfriend." you tell him. he nods. "i'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend."

"no." he grins. "you know.. i think you're absolutely gorgeous." your cheeks go bright red.

"thank you." you chuckle slightly. "you're not too bad, i guess."

"not too bad?" he repeats.

"hm, i've seen better." you laugh. and he laughs sarcastically.

"yeah, but i bet they weren't drummers." he smirks.

"they weren't. everybody loves drummers."

"do you love drummers?" he raises an eyebrow.

"only some." you playfully wink. roger gives you your drink.

"i've never met a girl like you, you know?"

"really? i mean, i'm nothing special."

"yeah, you are. way more special than all the other girls that like me just because i'm in a band." he says. "but, i don't know, you're different."

"the difference is that they like you." you smirk. "i don't."

"so all that flirting was..?" he wants you to answer but you can't.

"fine. fine, you win." you giggle.

-
i acc rambled on this one. it wasn't planned or anything (like me) anyway..
ik this is shittt and i'm sorry, but i have no idea what to write about..
words: 737