imagine 39 - attention

you enter your apartment and you throw your bag on the floor. roger is in the kitchen making a drink.

"hi, sweetheart." he sees you smile. "you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine." you sigh. "just a stressful day."

"well, how about we go out to dinner tonight?" he holds both of your hands.

"i can't, i brought my work home. sorry, baby. maybe tomorrow." you kiss him gently on the lips.

"you said that yesterday. and the day before." he groans.

"i know i did. and i'm sorry but i have to work. it's just a bit mad at the moment, it'll calm down in a couple of days." you place a hand on his face.

"how long will the work take you tonight?" he asks.

"a while." you answer. "i swear we can do whatever you want when it's all gone, okay?"

he smiles and nods.

"the work has to be done in two days anyway." you tell him. "i better get started with it."

you take all the work out and you sit at the table and you fill out the sheets of paper.

two days later:

you get into your apartment and roger is watching tv.

"hey, babe. how's your day been?" he gets up and kisses my cheek.

"not very good."

"well, we have dinner plans tonight. that'll cheer you up, right?" he grins. the hope in his eyes quickly disappears when you frown.

"i can't go to dinner. i need to do more work. but, i promise that i'll be free tomorrow."

"oh, we both know that's not true, y/n." he quietly says, before walking away to the bedroom.

"well, roger, it's my job. i'm sorry that you don't like it, but i have to do it." you argue, and you follow him into the bedroom.

"so that means you don't have to spend time with your boyfriend?"

"no, of course it doesn't. it means that my boyfriend should understand that i have to work. i understand that you have to go on tour for two months, but i don't say anything!" he doesn't say anything, instead his just looks at the bed.

you walk up to him and you wrap your arms around his neck.

"i'm sorry that it takes so long, i know it's annoying. i'll call off sick tomorrow, and we can spend the day together." you smile sweetly.

"are you sure?"

"yeah, i'm sure." you giggle. he kisses you and you kiss him back.

-
hope you enjoyed 🥰 also schloe157 gave me this idea so thank youuu 😆