imagine 74 - what's wrong?

this idea was sent in by IveLOSTmYsHOe5 a couple of months ago, sorry it took so long eek 😬 but i hope you enjoy ittt ♡ i'm not 100% sure how old roger is supposed to be in this, ive tried to research it but i can't find anything 😫 so i'm just going with 16-17, if you know how old he was when his parents divorced comment or dm me!! 😊

when you hear someone knock on your front door you run down the stairs and tell your mum that you'll get it.

you open the door to reveal a very tired looking roger.

"hi, where've you been? you were supposed to be here half an hour ago." you tell him. "did you not get any sleep?"

"not really." he bluntly replies. "anyway, are you ready to go?" you're both going to the cinema.

"yeah, i've been ready for ages. i just need to grab my bag upstairs." you get closer to him to give him a kiss on the cheek, but as you do so you notice the dark bags under his eyes. you've never seen him like that. "do you want me to drive, rog?"

"what? no, why?"

"because you really don't look well." you say, concerned. he just looks down, sighs, and shakes his head. "is everything alright?"

"everything is fine." he forces a smile and he takes your hand and kisses it. "now, hurry up or we're gonna miss the film."

you're both sat in the cinema and it's pretty full as it's a saturday afternoon. halfway through the film you look over at roger and you notice that he's fallen asleep.

"roger?" you whisper. you shake his arm slightly, and his eyes open slowly.

"hm?" he hums in reply.

"do you wanna go?" you ask him.

"no, i thought you wanted to watch it." he says while closing his eyes again. you can't help but chuckle at him.

"well, you obviously don't wanna watch it." you say. "come on, we can just go back to your house-"

"no, i don't wanna go there." he cuts you off. you look at him confused and you ask him why not. "i just don't." he shrugs.

"okayyy." you drag out the 'y'. "well, then we can just go back to my house."

roger nods his head, and you both silently leave the theatre, trying not to get in anybodies way.

when you both get to your house, you notice that roger is being really quiet, and it isn't like him to be like that. he's normally very playful and annoying (in the best way possible).

the day goes on, and you both lie down in bed, roger drifting in and out of sleep while you read and draw.

as you snuggle closer to roger, putting your hand on his chest. then you start to notice that it's starting to get pretty late, and you ask him what time he's gonna go home.

"i'll just stay here tonight." he responds, avoiding eye contact.

"really?"

"yeah, do you think your mum'll mind?"

"probably not, but what's going on back home?" you look up at him to see his eyes roll.

"nothing's going on, y/n."

"yes, there is, roger." you say more sternly. "now, please just tell me, because i don't want you turning up with bags under your eyes, and you not wanting to go back home." you ramble to him. "is everything okay?"

he smiles gently and kisses your forehead before saying quietly, "i'm fine. i'm just a bit tired, i was up all night playing drums. but, thank you for worrying." and again he kisses your head.

you just leave it there. roger has no reason to lie and you trust him, so you believe him.

-

the next day, you wake up with roger already gone. he probably had to go early because he didn't tell his parents he was going to be gone all night, but he left a little note by your bed saying he loves you which was a really sweet thing to wake up to.

about an hour after waking up, you notice that roger has left his jacket and his watch on your chair in your bedroom. you decide to walk down to his house to give it him back.

you walk up his drive and you suddenly hear shouting coming from the house. you just think roger's mum is having a go at him for not telling her that he was staying out all night. his mum really likes you, so you think that if you go in there and apologise for him, it'll all be good and forgotten.

so, you knock on the door and after five minutes of no one answering, you knock again.

two minutes later, roger opens the door and when he sees you his eyes widen.

"oh, hey." he says, closing the door behind him. "what're you doing here?"

"just came to give you these back." you tell him, passing him his things. "is everything okay in there?"

"yeah, everything is fine." he forces a chuckle. "i'm quite busy, babe, so i'll see you later?"

he's being very strange. he doesn't usually want you leave, if anything he would usually want you to be with him whether he's busy or not.

"what's going on, roger?" you say. "and i don't want any bullshit."

roger looks at you for a second before looking at the ground.

"fine." he quietly speaks. "my, uh.. parents are getting a divorce." he informs you. he says it like he's embarrassed.

"what?"

"they're getting a divorce."

now everything is making sense. he was tired because of all their arguing, and he didn't want to go home because of it. you pull him into a tight hug.

"oh, roger.." you mumble, sadly. "i'm so sorry."

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you." he replies.

"you have nothing to be sorry about, sweetheart. but, you should know that you can tell me anything." you state. "do you wanna come back to my house and get away from all the yelling?"

he grins at you and puts a strand of loose hair behind your ear.

"what did i do to deserve such an amazing girlfriend?" and he kisses you softly on the lips.

hope you enjoyedddd