𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Though no words came out. All Taehyung did was freeze up as he looked at Jungkook who seemed to still be waiting but instead Taehyung moved his hand away and cleared his throat as he left the male alone and the other person to shake his hand. Well, that was certainly not awkward at all.

Taehyung hurried back to Yoongi who was eyeing the food. Yeah- the only reason why they came to the party was for the food and food only. Though everyone was communicating and less eating- so after awhile of standing alone, Taehyung made his way to find the bathroom.

Taehyung wasn't feeling so well after the few punches to his abdomen that morning. It was quick since they had to switch classes between the second period. Of course he hasn't told Yoongi because it would be the same. 'Why didn't you fight back' was always the same wording from Yoongi.

Taehyung really does- but his body is feminine like and his hits are like mosquito bites? Not that his feminine body is the problem. He just wasn't tough enough to go against Gyeong let alone Gyeong and two other boys. Doesn't really end up that well so he just lets the boys beat him up until they're satisfied. Why did he get bullied? beats him.

Taehyung thinks maybe its because he doesn't talk? They always yell 'just say stop' every single time- so that is what he assumes they want to hear. Though its not that simple. Taehyung has been mute for eleven years. He just can't pick up where he left off. The pronunciation of some words are difficult even when he is sounding them out in his head. When he opens his mouth to say a word, his head goes blank.

Nothing comes out, even if he tries to talk, he just freezes. The promise to his father also gets to him, even though it was in the moment he was not suppose to speak, he still felt he should keep it. It was the last thing Taehyung's father told him to do. Taehyung stopped in the hallway before walking to the bathroom down the hall. Though he stopped when he heard a musical sound.

Taehyung again, peeked into a room to see yet again, Jungkook playing an instrument but well a toy ukulele. It wasn't the best sounding but it was almost soothing as the boy played, it really amazed Taehyung. Then the same situation happened in which Jungkook stopped playing to see the boy watching him, again.

Taehyung's eyes widened as he gulped and hurried to the bathroom where he may have slammed the door- on accident. Again, Jungkook flinched as he heard the slam, getting off his bunk to look out the hallway and towards the bathroom. Déjà vu.

"Jungkook dear, come out and socialize yeah?" Jungkook turned to see his mother raising an eyebrow as he nodded with a sigh and went into the living room where his father was sitting on the couch talking about what he did for a living- before he got sick.

Yes.. Jungkook's father recently just got out of the hospital because of heart problems. He wasn't the healthiest but the man did not enjoy hospitals so he usually always left the hospital sooner than he should. It always worried the family but Mr. Jeon was always certain that he was okay. So Jungkook leaned on the wall, swiping his thumb over his bottom lip as he laid eyes on the blonde male making his way into the small crowd and towards a dark haired male where he then caught a weird action with their hands being made.

"Mom?" Jungkook moved towards his mother who hummed and turned to her son with a questionable face. "What are they doing?" Jungkook pointed towards Taehyung and the male next to Taehyung. Jungkook's mom almost lit up with memories.

"Jungkook, they're doing sign language. Come, lets go meet them." She motioned Jungkook to follow, Jungkook doing so as he walked behind his mother while putting his hands in his pants pocket. "Hello." Jungkook's mother spoke with a smile. "Ah, hello, you have a.. lovely home." Yoongi greeted with a small awkward smile. He went to greet them earlier but it was a simple hand shake.

Taehyung looked elsewhere with a small laugh from how awkward Yoongi was being. "Thank you. I don't mean to pry but my son saw you doing sign language and I.. well.. I just-" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. 'Do you know sign language?' Taehyung caught the attention of both Jungkook and his mother.

Jungkook's mother nodded. 'Yes, I do know it' she smiled, Taehyung breaking into a smile as he looked at Yoongi who gave an impressive facial expression. "I'm still confused." Jungkook raised his hand as he spoke, something out of habit. "Oh well.." Yoongi stopped himself from speaking as he looked at Taehyung who gave a slight nod.

"Taehyung is not deaf I think you would assume-" He started and Mrs. Jeon looked a bit shocked. "He is a selective mute. Taehyung has been mute for.. eleven years now, correct?" Yoongi looked at Taehyung for confirmation. 'Correct.' he signed and Yoongi nodded. "No matter what, he doesn't speak. The only real way to communicate with Taehyung is if you understand sign language or have paper and pen for him to communicate with you." Yoongi pursed his lips.

Now it all fit together, Jungkook making an 'o' shape with his mouth. That's why Taehyung didn't say his name- and the reason he didn't speak in the music room. "That explains a lot now." Jungkook smiled lightly as Yoongi nodded. "He's really stubborn though so.." Yoongi earned a pinch to the forearm.
"Well, I never knew my mom knew sign.. language until now so that was really interesting. I hope I can communicate with you soon Taehyung-ah." Jungkook smiled, Taehyung raising an eyebrow. 'Ma'am, am I older than Jungkook?' The male signed as the female hummed.

"How old are you Taehyung?" She asked and Taehyung answered. 'Seventeen, eighteen in December' he pursed his lips as he signed. "Ah, nine months apart from Jungkook, yes you're older." She brought her son forward a bit. 'So he should be calling me hyung' Taehyung looked at Yoongi who rolled his eyes. 'You already have hyung in your name, idiot.' Taehyung only looked away.

Jungkook opened his mouth to try put two and two together but only stood still and stayed quiet. "Jungkook honey, this is your hyung." She teased, Jungkook crinkling up his nose. "Sure doesn't look like my hyung." He spoke out loud, Taehyung raising an eyebrow. 'Tell him to run, right now.'