Chapter 9

Everything was still and silent, even the air around them stilled. The beast was crouched low, waiting for any sort of movement. One wrong move and death it is.

"Hunter! Where have you been all this day, huh?" Riley asked.

Hunter didn't move his eyes away from Jason. Jason came to the conclusion that the wolf didn't like him which was surprising as animals loved him.

"Riles, what in the God's name is this.....humongous creature doing here?" He shrieked.

Hunter didn't like the fact that Jason was speaking to Riley. He wanted Riley's attention all to himself. He doesn't like to share what's his.

He growled lowly at Jason and took a step towards him this time. He has that malice glint in his eyes and was intending to do every harm possible.

"Hey! Hunter stop! He's a friend." Riley scolded the beast.

But it was as if the beast wasn't ready to obey her commands and took another threatening steps towards Jason.

"Good doggie. You're a good boy, right? So please don't eat me." Jason gulped in fear.

"Shut up Jason. He's completely harmless, alright?" Riley hissed at him.

"Harmless? You out of your mind, woman! Just look at him. What a nasty creature! Where did you even find him, huh?" Jason yelled.

Hunter growled loudly now and started running towards Jason. Jason, in order to protect himself, shoved his palms out and covered his face.

"Hunter! I said, STOP! What's wrong with you? Get away from Jason. You bad boy." Riley instructed, sternly.

Hunter stopped the moment she instructed and whined lowly. He went belly up and tried to be cute while still whining.

"See? He's harmless. Isn't he just adorable? Aw come here boy. Who's a good boy,huh? Are you a good boy?" Riley started scratching behind his ear.

Jason who was still shocked, saw all this and his jaw opened wider.

"What the actual fuck! Just a few seconds ago, he was about to rip my ass off and now— Ughh." He couldn't even find the words.

The moment words escaped his mouth, Hunter went to "big bad wolf" mode from the "oh! I'm a cute little puppy and I love my belly being tickled." He stopped whining and snarled at Jason, who in return, shuddered in fear.

"Don't yell. He doesn't like being yelled at." Riley stated.

"Fine. Anyways, I gotta go. Everyone's waiting at the club. I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Take care and put that.....thing on a leash or something." Jason says and pull Riley towards him to give her a big bear hug and a kiss on the forehead.

At this gesture, Hunter totally went nuts and ran after Jason only to find him seated safely in his car, smirking. Jason laughed out loud and winked at Hunter and then drove off.

"He's such a piece of shit. C'mon Hunter. Let's go inside, it's cold out here." Riley says softly.

Hunter, still looking at the road, walked towards the house, grumbling.

"Soooo, you might wanna explain to me where were you this morning, huh? And what's with this hostile behaviour towards Jason?" Riley asked calmly.

Hunter lowered his gaze and looked somewhere else. Riley found this cute and petted his head. He leaned into her touch and licked her hand.

Riley got up and served herself some mac 'n' cheese and for Hunter, she made some sausages.