Chapter 22

FLAP!

FLAP!

FLAP!

There was an unusual noise descending from the sky above. It was like the one you'd hear when a bird is flapping it's wings. It was exactly the same but the only difference was that it wasn't of a tiny bird here. It was of something huge. Something humongous. Something dangerous.

The trees danced violently to the rhythm of the wind which was approaching them in huge waves.

Suddenly a giant silhouette falls upon them and it gets bigger & bigger as it gets closer & closer to the ground.

Riley and Matthew looked up & saw a gigantic dragon just flying above their heads. They hurriedly ducked down to avoid getting scratched by its sharp claws.

"HOLY SHIT! What in the name of Jesus is that?" Riley screamed.

"It's a dragon." Matthew clipped.

"No shit, Sherlock." Riley glared at him & swatted his head.

"Owww! The heck woman....you're strength is seriously no joke." He whined while rubbing his head.

Roaaarrrrrrrrrr.

Suddenly there was this loud scream of the creature and they both looked towards the sky and saw that the huge creature is diving straight for them.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Riley breathed out while pulling onto Matthew's elbow.

"Wait....why's that dragon....getting bigger and bigger?" Matthews asked, genuinely confused.

"It's not getting bigger, you idiot. It's getting closer. Now run." Riley pulled him by his trench coat and took off in another direction.

The dragon gained its speed and was now flying above the trees.

WHOOOSSHHH!!!

And then there was a wall of fire in front of them. They both immediately come to a halt and looked behind them only to find the dragon lowering itself to the ground.

THUD!

The dragon shook off its wings and glared at the duo. It was hissing while bristling up.

"Ummm......Matt? Do you have any idea what to do now?" Riley hushed, trying time stay calm.

"Well.........." Matthew just mumbled, clearly having no clue what to do next.

"Great. First you dragged me here & now we are about to become a barbecue for a fücking dragon. Just perfect!" Riley hissed.

"Hey...hey! Don't blame it all on me. You wanted to know who you are. Curiosity killed the cat, huh?" Matthew quickly defends himself.